my renders are choppy

If I view my blender animaitions (.avi files) in my default windows media player (version 6.01), the animation play back is crystal clear, but choppy as a mother-…this is not good. I’ve even tried using VirtualDub in an attempt to compress the .avi files created by blender when I render an animation, but lately these .divx .avi’s have been looking grainy and pixelated. I’ve also tried using Bink/Smacker (from Rad Game tools) to compress these .avi animations, but they also look grainy and pixelated.
What are you guy’s using to get smooth animations? Do I need to upgrade to the latest version of Windows Media Player or what? Also, I’m using a Pentium 3 550mhz with 256 MB RAM. Please advise…

What render settings are you using?
OSA on?
AVI raw, jpeg?
Frames/sec?
Quality: 100/50/25?

ewww! your nickname! thats so gross! hahaha…your sick… =P

yeah, answer celiks quesitons so we can help =D

my settings are generally as follows:
frs/sec: 25
avi raw
Quality 100
OSA (antialaising) on

With those settings, your computer probably can’t keep up with the math. Try lowering the quality and resolution of the frame. AVI Jpeg also makes a difference since the raw files are huge.

Warren

Quality doesn’t affect AVI RAW, since it’s a compression parameter and AVI RAW are uncompressed.

Martin

Try saving as ‘Avi Jpeg’. The files may be bigger than your computer wants to handle.

Yeah, save as an AVI jpeg because your HD or your graphics card is probably not that mathmatically inclined - I know mine isn’t. I can’t play back uncompressed video smoothly and I don’t know many people that can.