My very first WIP :)

OK, here is my very first WIP. Its a pair of sunglasses… the background was thrown together with procedural textures and should not be considered important.

I think I need to work on the angle some because the front looks disproporionate with the back. Also, not I set up bones for the sunglasses so I could open and close them… don’t know much about bones yet, but it works :stuck_out_tongue:

Without further ado, please send comments, suggestions, and flames :stuck_out_tongue:

and TIA for any suggestions you provide.

http://home.houston.rr.com/vidigiani/glasses1.jpg
http://home.houston.rr.com/vidigiani/glasses2.jpg

Nice jod Vidigiani! I see that theeth’s suggestion worked and you got your ear piece section to work :wink:

Only suggestion would be to out an env map on the glass and raise the SPEC, so it looks more like glass. Too flat right now.

BgDM

Cool

background is not so bad (except for far right wall which is funny)

Glasses looks fine, if you are concerned with apparent disproportion try moving camera away and pump un focal length (Camera standard has 35mm focal length)

I won’t loose time in armatures for a pair of sunglasses, you would most probably learn how to fake reflections on the lenses (if you don’t know already how to do it!)

Keep blending

Stefano

EDIT: GRRR… Beaten by BgDM in answering…

Yeah Theeth’s suggestion worked great. The joint at the rim came out really good IMHO (in first pic) but I didn’t spend as much time on the other end… if you look closely (second pic) you can tell that you could poke someone’s eye out with it :stuck_out_tongue:

I am definately considering envmapping the glasses, just one step at a time :stuck_out_tongue: also I actually have the glasses bent a bit, but it doesn’t show, probably because there are no reflections :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the suggestions S68. I will definately play with the camera settings… Right now I think I had actually widened the cameras angle and that might be part of the reason for the distortion. I kind of scrunched everything up in a box to frame the glasses really quickly :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh yeah, I noticed that about the side wall too… very very wierd :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t know how I did that hehehe

It is not weird (I spell it tis way theeth :stuck_out_tongue: ) it is exactly how the wood procedural texture behaves.

If you take a cube of wood and cut away a portion so that you have three walls made out of a single piece then it will look like that :slight_smile:

Stefano

Hehe now that you explain it that way it makes sense :slight_smile:

BTW… weird just feels really weird to me :frowning: I don’t know if I can ever get it right after years of misuse :frowning: