My webpage

Yep I am a retard I get it now lol

your nav bar thing is quite cool but that makes it worse cause everything else is crappy looking. You should change the background from white to something similar to nav bar colour I reckon and change the font or something

I specially made an account to be able to comment yur work, and that’s not a good sign.

And in fact I’m not even going to bother about the graphic part of it cuzz I respect all graphic work cuzz I know its hard.

But what I shall do is comment about the legallity of your scheme. I’ll put it simple ITS ILLEGAL (or at least it is in Belgium)

What do you mean you made an account? Not only did I never get a notice of you signing up, but I’ve already disabled the site (because I found out it was illegal).

I believe the account he was refering to was one here for elysiun, not your web site. (He only has two posts) just an asumption I suppose.

Can’t good sites be made with Macromedia Dreamweaver?

Why is it necessary to have or to use MySQL or PHP? :-?

You’re really making sound as if you can’t make good sites without MySQL and PhP. :expressionless:

Your site, with the Yellow header and black background, with tiny fonts, doesn’t seem too appealing to me either. The Bright flashy yellow in contrast with the pitch blackness gives headaches.

The amount of content is like exploding in the face, just like how the yahoo website is, tonnes of information on the page - weather, sports, news, games, entertainment etc, heaps of links and just. . .explosion of information.

A W3C validation of your site showed the results failed, due to utf-8 encoding.

Wolf

A W3C validation should be the very first step in checking to see how “good” your site is. A lot of times, when you fix the errors that the validator gives you, the layout changes. It takes a lot of “tweaking” from that point to make your layout look the way you want, but without breaking the W3C ruleset.

Wolf: Yes, nice sites can be made with dreamweaver. Note that dreamweaver is simply a tool to facilitate layout and coding. So you can make a PHP site in dreamweaver or asp, html, you name it.
The site did not fail because of utf-8. utf-8 was the character encoding that it defaulted to due to the lack of a doctype being declared.
It is in no way “necessary” to use php or mysql, but they are free, fast and efficient tools for powering sites that require the content to be:
a) dynamic
b) driven by a database (list of users, passwords or content)
c) modular systems

You make a css driven template and then populate it using php pulling content from the database.

These things require a scripting language like asp, php or similar. The reason php is so widely used is that it is popular, free and easy to learn. This however does not mean that something similar can not be made with asp. Straight HTML can also do the same thing but it’s tantamount to headbutting rivets into steel. You’ll get there in the end but it will be a lengthy, painful and soul-destroying process.

With ref, to the site. Test it in a number of browsers, work on a clean design, don’t try and market a scam.

(Why the hell am I replying to an off-topic discussion about a dodgy website in the finished projects section of a 3d forum? I need to find something worthwhile to occupy my time)

shouldent this be in new and chat? :-?

HTML is just a layout tool - notepad is a good html layout tool. Managing the pages is a different story and shouldn’t be confused with layout. Big sites use a database to store the HTML and thus be able to display the same content on different parts of the site or show mini-indexes of them around the place, or to provide an automatic RSS feed of content.

I prefer not to use a database so wrote my own templating system which sits independently of the pages - you don’t have to markup the pages to tell them they’re in a template (making up pages to tell them they’re in a template is really dumb). My templating system sits on top of asp.net, but before all the linux-centric people barf, the system works efficiently 100% of the time =).

And yeah… this thread is wildly off-topic.

Simply put blender is a 3d rendering program for making images FAR beyond that what you can make in simple art programs such as gimp or photoshop… and the fact that basic people can do the same if not better with either photoshop or gimp and a few plug ins shopw that youve a long way to go.
the interface is poorly designed… go to basic web desins help sites and get some tips.

miss aligned… the least you can do is continueall yTEST your site to make sure all your home made graphics at least line up properly.

fuzzy to the point of being an embarasment. use anti aliasing/osa and get sharp crisp images… dont worry about thier file size as the headder is the ONLY grtaphics there so your page wont take any time to load.

And the overall bland grey scheme of the entire site is depressing.
Try a black background and a lighter text… or a lighter background and a darker text… to make things stand out they have to have contrast… your colors from the art to the backgroudn to the text all blend in and have a dreary sleapy tone to it all which is NOT what you want when trying to make a sales pitch.

Your use of font sizing is admirable at best. Large fonts ar e used for titles and stand outs ONLY… using them at the start of every parahgraph throws off the flow of the website and causes the reader to have to shift focus every time they reach a new font size. And you dont want to hassel your readers. If you have to have espression at the front of your paragraphs… make the size difference smaller… use bold or underline o get peoples attention.

I am not seeing it. A couple links to investment propaganba sites. That’s about it. :-?