Napoleon

Hello everybody!

This is Napoleon, one of the main characters of the amazing book Animal Farm!
I did the artwork for a online course at Unhide School, but since they gave me total freedom to create, I consider like a personal project hahaha

I used Blender to model some assets (tie, eyes, suit seams, cigar,), Grooming, and Cycles render.
Textures was made in Substance Designer, but in Cycles I did some tweaks in each one.

turntable

thank you!

118 Likes

it resemble more to a generic CEO !

4 Likes

Noce work… and yeah, what’s said above

2 Likes

Oh my!! This looks sooo ‘real’ !!! Ha, ha, ha. :grin:
Stunning & deeply impressing work!! Congrats!! :star_struck:

Great expression and atmosphere!
And I love all the little details in the skin, the ears, the dirt on the jacket, the shirt and so on.

2 Likes

@Yan_Blanco Nice work!

1 Like

thank you so much guys!!

1 Like

I love it!!

1 Like

Okay Yan, I was confused at first… thinking you were a student that followed along with an online course that shows how to create Napoleon… But after a couple clicks and looking at your portfolio, I quickly realized you are the real deal, and presumably unhide contracted you to make a course project…

You are supremely talented pal. Your Tin Man was actually my favorite artwork thus far that I’ve seen on blenderartists.org until now. Napoleon is absolutely astonishing. And he should be featured on the top of this site for at least a full week, imho. Bravo Yan! Yoo da man!

2 Likes

This is crazy creepy… and good. :grimacing:

1 Like

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Wow. Awesome. And I’ve read the book, so I think he’s definitely more human than pig at the moment…

But scary at the same time.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Just copied and pasted and sent it to my boss.

2 Likes

Stnning man!

The expression of that immense puffed face is so beautiful and caught right!!!

Only thing i dont like is the eyes, they look to bright. In some shots they should be much darker. I guess your using fake emitters to lighten them up. Also they seem to be missing details.

As for the chracters, i think he’ll look tougher with a more prenounced beard or the hairs should be a bit more visible, he looks a bit clean cut now :wink:

1 Like

This could be completely done in BLender. You say you made parts with Blender, but i dont see where you create the other parts?? Probably Zbrush

1 Like

This is inspiring! Love it!

1 Like

Awesome render, but until you said it was from animal farm I thought it was someone living on pennsylvania avenue.

1 Like

hahaha yes I did the project to develop a course at Unhide School, sorry for the confusion… thank you a lot for the words!

1 Like

nice!! thank you so much!!

1 Like

thank you for the feedback!! I like to explore other softwares to discover more interesting ways to do the same thing… the sculpt was made in zbrush, textures in substance painter, and retopo in maya

1 Like