• French
  • Urdu
  • Javanese
  • Italian
  • Other
0 voters

You forgot Dutch- I think a lot of users here are Dutch :wink:

2 Likes

yeah, I figured, but the poll is based on a certain Wikipedia article- I’ll make a second, less inclusive poll that might work better for this site

• Chinese
  • Spanish
  • English
  • Arabic
  • Hindi
  • Bengali
  • Portuguese
  • Russian
  • Japanese
  • Dutch
  • German
  • French
  • Italian
  • Ukrainian
  • Other
0 voters

Swedish, Dansk, Norwegian, Polish, Greek

and i’m not talking about Scotish, Flemish, Frisian, the sub (?) languages of Turkish,…

and this is for Europe only…

( for the Dutch sub types there is also for outside europe at least Africaans…)

…for more i have o look onto some map or so…

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Yeah, my polls aren’t suited for this site’s demographics… maybe I’ll make another for the european languages

We all spoke the same native language: Baby Talk.

4 Likes

Is the ‘native language’ here referring to the first language you learnt or the language of your ethnic group ??

1 Like

Puking and pooping. Truly, that is our universal language.

3 Likes

The first one you learnt, and/or the one you are most proficient in

That gets difficult, my native language is English but I hardly ever speak it (for the last 40 years!), I speak (and dream) in Spanish or Catalan.

2 Likes

Other.

although in order to converse online via text, particularly a select number of CG oriented sites on which I actively contribute, is English.

3 Likes

Visuals, ha!

1 Like

“The proper language” here? Polygon. Surface normal. Render. Animate. Physics. “ZZZzzzz is it finished yet?” :smiley:

Beyond that – we “make do” with the various human-language differences as we happily pursue our obsession (or, profession).

4 Likes

Native language is Marseille-french, a flavour of french that’s heavily influenced by provençal -the language previously spoken around these parts, before french administration enforced the use of french- and other neighbouring romance languages. I guess I fall into the french category.

@DNorman you live in Catalonia ?

@luispabloherrera you’re doing this poll out of curiosity ?

2 Likes

Yup!
I like polls and languages and I wanted to learn more about the community here so I made these polls : D

2 Likes

If I recall correctly, you’re a Kiwi? Would your “other” be Māori?

1 Like

Yes that’s right but no longer fluent. Only later in life perhaps when I turned 30 or so decided to learn from an aunt, our language which by the way is categorised as extinct due to less than 30,000 people speak it on a daily basis and I’m an ex-pat now naturalised Australian for many years.

So I guess one could say that the ‘aussie’ strine is a sub dialect of the King’s spoken English…well sort of.

6 Likes

Yes, pyrenees mountains (foot hills)

3 Likes

It’s fantastic that you learned it ! Colonization has caused immense harm to languages. 30.000 locutors is a very low number indeed… it should be preserved. My own language has been forgotten by all but the elders & the activists who want to bring it back to life, but let me tell you it’s an uphill battle. I learned it around 2016 but seldom find an occasion to speak it.

@DNorman that’s one grand place to live !

6 Likes