Navy Colt

Navy Colt created for a western themed weekly challenge. Modelling and rendering in Blender (with a tiny bit of help from ZbrushCore for the decoration on the glasses), texturing in Blender, Photoshop and Substance Painter. Card back design aided by MidJourney AI.

58 Likes

Beautiful, I love the scene you’ve set here. Any one of of these assets could stand on their own, combined they make an absolutely breath-taking render :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you kindly Joseph

1 Like

Here’s a clay render

5 Likes

Naaah, card must be grassy and dirty, just like glasses :wink:
Seriously very nice work.
PS. Are glasses modelled or this are displacement? However look very nice… now I’m thirsty :slight_smile:

1 Like

modelled in Blender, decorations added in ZBrushCore

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks Bart

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

1 Like

can you tell me what parts were done in substance painter? im trying to understand WHY its needed over a combo of blender and photoshop

The texturing for the revolver was done in Substance Painter. Some elements for use in that were prepped in Photoshop, but Photoshop’s main role in this image was the playing cards, front and back.

I did a sped up workflow video for a previous, fictitious steam punk weapon. If you can ignore the watermark (read video description to see why it’s there) and perhaps run the video at a lower speed you might get an idea of how I use Substance Painter and how useful it is. This should take you to the relevant timestamp

Just wanted to test the image comparison thingie

3 Likes