NCC-1701 Enterprise Environment Fan Art

Hello everyone, I’m creating an environment based on the movies STAR TREK from J.J. Abrams.
My intention is to model it in Blender 2.82 and export to Unreal Engine
At the moment I’m modeling some assets from corridors an lobby zone.
So, live long and prosper!
STAR TREK Environment fan art YouTube

11 Likes

Looking great so far. It’s nice to see someone recreating this Enterprise, most people only tend to focus on the original or the refit.

1 Like

Wonderful! This kind of style is one of my favourite ones and the quality is just superior, I am looking forward to seeing the finished version.

1 Like

Excellent work, Would really love to see a tutorial on how to get it into unreal and be able to walk around it in first or third person. my first attempt was a disaster

TIM

1 Like

This presentation is modeled, rendered, animated and composed in Blender 2.82
My intention is precisely to learn a good workflow to be able to export these and other scenarios that I have, such as Oblivion or TRON Legacy, to the Unreal engine and to be able to make animations from there for cinematic scenes and walk around some levels in first or third person.

I am currently following a course that explains how to create videogames in Unreal engine and that includes many videos about level builder and designer, blueprints, etc …
I hope to learn the basics to be able to mount my scenarios with the assets modeled in Blender and animated in Unreal.

What is the video series that you are learning from?

TIM

II started a few weeks ago with this course:
“Desarrollo de juegos con Unreal Engine 4 de 0 a profesional”
From the creator of INFERNIUM Videogame

Next I will follow some Unreal tutorial for more specific details related to environment art.

First export test with a hall module to Unreal Engine …

2 Likes

4 Likes

Missing the lensflares :stuck_out_tongue:
But great work, and Unreal keeps amazing me with the quality of video. :+1:

rob

1 Like

Already looking so much better than the 2013 game.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback :wink:
These screenshots are still of the level under construction.
I’m now unwrapping each of the assets, importing them into Unreal and applying materials and textures.
Then I will be adding lighting, particles, blueprints, etc…

Great job on the environment and lighting. How are you getting assets back and forth to Unreal? Are just using FBX for the whole scene? And are you using any addons that make the task easier?
I’m trying to figure out a good workflow between Blender and Unreal 4.24 / Twinmotion.
Thanks.

Thank you!
In this project I am modeling props and assets in Blender 2.82, unwrapping and applying base materials.
Then I export as .FBX and import directly into Unreal Engine, where I adapt the parameters of the materials to the objects that need it.
I am not using add-ons at the moment because for this type of objects I do not see it essential to speed up the process.
I’m not touching the lighting part yet, I’m using only a Skylight and a basic Lightsource.
Later I will get on that topic once I finish modeling and importing all the modules.

1 Like

2 Likes

When I tried importing a simple building into unreal, via fbx, it broke the building into all its component parts, stripped off the materials and textures, and piled them all in a heap in the middle of the screen. I tried to roughly put it back together, and when I tried to start the “game” my character fell through the floor and kept falling – not a very good start

TIM

Of course, I understand, to export multiple objects at once I do not recommend FBX, it would be more convenient to try with .glTF or Datasmith …
And once imported into Unreal check the collisions of floors and walls, to verify that our player can interact with them.
I am using FBX pieces or loose modules that I use to build the level from scratch.

Thanks for the explanation. I’m hoping eventually someone comes up with a tool that will let us export the entire scene to Unreal. Minus special cases like modifiers and instances etc. It would be a nice pipe line tool. Several people can work in Blender building assets etc and then scene assembly and rendering/export/VR is done in Unreal.

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

That would really be ideal –

TIM