NEBULA Tutorial Released

In anticipation of my Nebula Tutorial ( Saturday 15 January 2005) I have uploaded a new movie, which is a single shot from the forthcoming Cog trailer, that uses the nebula concept.

http://www.cogfilms.com/

Cog

I originally missed this thread. Thank you for ressurecting it, guys.

Cog, I hope your health is better, now. I wish you the best for 2005.

Regards.

I am thankfully fit and healthy now thanks olivS.

As promised the tutorial is now uploaded to my website. Its 266kb in size 13 pages and crammed with illustrations.

I’m off to see my first grandchild tomorrow so enjoy the read.

Cog

Hi all, Cog here.

I have uploaded the blendfile, for my new Nebula tutorial.

You can either download it by visiting www.cogfilms.com

or directly from stars-01.blend

I hope the tutorial will be useful.

Cog

PS We are a grandfather 12 January 2005 baby girl 7.6lbs

I’ve pre-rendered the movie produced from the stars-01.blend file for those who want to see the 3D effect without the render time.

stars-01.mov (Quicktime 2.1Mb Sorenson compressed)

Cog

wow, looks great

i cant wait to try it out…

(provided i can find the time for it…)

nicely done

Regards,
~Delta

Cog, I’ve only just now stumbled on your wonderful work…WOW! Thanks for the tutorial and blend file. And congratulations on the expansion of your family.

Thanks for the time you took creating the tutorial, it is much appreciated.

GreyBeard

Not sure I understand … the topic name indicates that a tutorial has been released … am I in error?

Not sure I understand … the topic name indicates that a tutorial has been released … am I in error?

no, its out

just check out his site…

here

Regards,
~Delta

hey guys, I tried to download the tut bot for somereason, my adobe reader didn’t download it. Would it be possible for you just to upload the file in a ZIP file? That would be much easier for me.

Hi .:Tr@ceR:.

If you right-click on the link from my webpage you should be able to download it that way. It’s only 266kb in size so I don’t think zipping would make much difference. What version of acrobat reader do you have?

Cog

it downloaded fine for me…

Regard,
~Delta

Too bad we cannot use this techique in the game engine. It would be great for a space game.

XLNT stuff, thanks Cog!

I’ve tried the tutorial. I get all the way to the end of the modelling portion (dupliverted lights) but when I try to render … the program brings up the render window then nothing. I tried to lower the number of proto stars to 50 and the particle number for the dupliverted mesh to 50 but no good. I have the original mesh on layer 1, the proto stars on layer 2, and the dupliverted lights on layer 3. Layer 1 and 2 render fine, but when I include layer 3 … the render seems to hang.

I reduced the number of lights and proto stars thinking that the render engine just took forever to calculate and begin the render. But it didn’t seem to do any good.

I’m sure it’s something I am doing wrong … any suggestions?

So all I have to do is right click on the link and it will download as a file instead of opening adobe reader and downloading it from that?

I have reader 6.

The tutorials don’t open in Reader 4 either…

That’s correct .:Ra@ceR:. hopefully you can then open it directly from your machine. It was actually converted from word to pdf in Adope Acrobat v6 standard so you should have no problem in reading the file. I have tried this from several different PCs and locations and its’s downloaded and displayed without any problems.

I would not recommend trying to read this file with previouse versions of acrobat.

Anyway good luck.

Cog