Need a hand?

Well, I’m working on my first human. (Scary, I’m telling you.) She’s turning out pretty well, and I think I just have the feet to work on now, but… Well… The hands came out pretty darn awesome, if I do say so myself. :wink:

This is my first hand ever, so don’t pick on me too badly! But I AM looking for areas to “plus it”. By the way, these are supposed to be about 11-12 year old (girl) hands. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

P.S. I won’t release my whole model for visibility until I have permission from the subject. When/if that happens, y’all can pick on the parts based on the photos I got. :wink:

Looks good…

thinigs id say to have a look at…

adjust the shader on the nails (also they look a bit blue)

SSS (hard to tell if its on or not… if it is… concider ajusting it)

maby a fingerprint bump map…

other than taht

Excellent

:yes::yes::yes:

Joe

SSS is on. Does it not look soft enough? (In other words, which way should I go?)

The Nails shader was a quick throw in. I was curious what y’all would say to it. Too blue = more pink on it’s way. :wink:

A fingerprint bump map would be awesome… I’ll have to think about that.

By the way, this is the result of following this tutorial. I made it most the way through, and got lost on the palm work, so I started hitting things on my own. Hence, the thumb and palm aren’t exactly how the tutorial calls for them to be done. Those are the weakest parts, I believe.

i think maby a bit softer… and defo a bit lighter… if you look at your hand… take that sort of tone (hopefully your not as white as me… ((i am Mr Nerd!)))

Me=Geek. So… My complexion = Basement geek. :wink:

Ok, I’ll soften and lighten. :slight_smile: Thanks!

what did you mean by get permssion from your subject and pick out the pics

I mean, I used reference photos of a friend for the many body (mostly the head). If she doesn’t want her face, used in the shape of my model, shown online, I won’t. (The hand was made by the tutorial and my own hand, so I feel find sharing it.)

Make sense?

Well, tweaked the SSS and nails. Nails went WAY the wrong way, but I think the skin looks better. :slight_smile:

http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n117/goodguy20k/blender/hand2.jpg

Yea thats better…

good, but you forgot the extra skin here
http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff161/NJROTC_photo/th_Mouse11.jpg
still pretty good though

How nerdy is that… didnt even take your hand off the mouse…

dont worry… im nerdy too…

Joe

hmmmmmm id like to see you make a very realistic goblin or monster hand let me download it and take a look to

you just want a free hand for your zelda game!

yah lol but honestly show me what you can do

wire-frames, please! :wink:

if you can equip me with a concept( PM it) of the type of a hand you want i can give it a try and model you a lowpoly one. :wink:

ok ill look for one

W-w-w-WIREFRAMES?!?

:wink:

I think I just realized… I have an appointment… In Turkey… BYE! :wink:

Ok, ok… Well, let me warn you. The tutorial kept to pure quads, and when I got lost, well… I was on my own. I’m still new to quad modeling, so I slipped in a few triangles.

Attachments

dont worry the tris are fixable, and in time youll just be able to fix em on your own, if you back that file up/dont delete it you can allways come back to it! :slight_smile:

edit: ok, this image may help you a little, make a cut(in edge mode subdivide[W-key] 3 of the midle edges) so you get the blue edge:

Nice! That’ll allow me to pull it out a bit, too! Thanks!

Now show me how to remove the tris around the underside of the thumb. :wink:

Hmmmm I like it. however, the edges and tips seem to be a bit square to me… pull them out a bit maybe?