Need a model for a 3D printed sword based on completed artwork

Hello. I am an independent author looking to hire someone to render a 3D model of the sword from the first book in my Swordspeaker Saga series, Truesilver. The sword will be given away as a prize at an upcoming convention where I’ll have a booth.

This is a small, one-off job, though if it works out well, I have two other weapons from books 2 and 3 (a mace and a morningstar) that I may commission models for as well.

I will need the final model as a .stl file and if it is sliced with interior pins for supports all the better since it is meant to be life-size and will not print as a single piece.

Here is a picture of what you’ll be modeling:

I am on a bit of a deadline since I’ll need to print it before the convention in May and paint it myself and get it ready.

I’m open to working with all levels of designers, but I will need to see some samples of your work before agreeing to work with you.

This is not a high-paying job, but it shouldn’t take more than a few hours to finish. I would love to tackle this project myself, but I have been out of practice with Blender for several years and with all the time I spend writing, I don’t have the time to do it right now.

If you’re looking for a fun little side project to help an independent author, or if you just love making swords and would like to help me make this project a reality, I’d love to work with you.

For more information about my work, please visit my website at: djedwardson.com

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.