Need Critique on a Fat Bull Corporate Character

Hi,

I’m concepting this fat bull corporate character.
Any thoughts on how to improve this?

Currently, what’s bothering me is the size of the legs. It looks okay with me but does it look smaller to you guys or a bit off compared to the torso proportion?

P.S. The viewport is in Maya because I’m doing the retopo in Maya. I find it a bit finicky to do retopo in Blender.

3 Likes

Hmm. Perhaps a seam at the shoulder area of the suit? Make a nice sharp edge. Like, look at this random picture I found by googling “business suit”. That shoulder line is trying to be a 90 degree angle.
2015-Western-style-Black-Color-Men-Business-Suits-Brand-Boss-Suit-For-Men-s-Wedding-Groom

I think the leg size is fine - it’s cartoon proportions, yeah? Plus if you look at photos of real bulls, their legs are kinda thin compared to their bodies.

I wouldn’t sweat the size of the legs – if anything I’d make them taper more (real bull feet a tiny compared to their body mass). But this is a cartoonish character, so pick a size and run with it.

Does this “Bull Corporate Character” oversee a chain of retail China-Shops?

This is a great character! Thanks for sharing! :smiley:

I find retopology finicky no matter where I’m doing it. Glad Maya’s working for you. :smile:

I like your character, especially the glasses and the crease in the pants.

He doesn’t read as especially fat to me, more like just a big guy.