Need critiques on my scene here. I feel that something's not quite right but don't know what it is

modeling
texturing
composition

(Ansaar13) #2

Looks really nice :slight_smile: I’m not sure but are the leaves across the top missing branches?

Maybe I made the branches too small. I’ll fix on that. Thank you.

(Ansaar13) #4

All good, it looks really nice.

I like the concept and models - books, vines, etc. One thing might be changed - the glass reflects environment so heavily, that you can barely notice the table and its contents - you can make one glass more in shadow, reflecting less of the outside.

(Thomas) #6
  • the leaves are quite small, making the window look huge. The books also look oversized but its hard to say.
  • the wood is strangely pristine for having sat long enough for stuff to grow over it (particularly the wood panels at the bottom right look fake).
  • no windowsill?
  • as a composition its a bit weird. If this were a real place, why would you take this photo of it (that is, what do you want to show)?
  • Lastly as @MissB said it’s quite busy, the books and the reflection together makes the image rather muddy.

(catherine) #7

Great job here! I really like the reflection and the objects inside the window. For me I feel the wood is a little plastic looking, maybe take down the glossiness and increase the roughness?