Need help for setting camera.

I’ve lost all patience to find out out what’s wrong…
First I can’t set up a camera properly, it’s the most annoying part. I select a nice view from render view and when I press 0, the camera focus some else direction…and it’s way to hard to point the camera where I’m actually seeing. And after re-pressing 0, I get upside down object. And if even I set a camera badly anhyhow, it doesnt want to move as i make it . And then when i zoom out, (after this camera mess), my object goes inside the background…like there is some invisible wall which is taking the object inside. so i always have to keep it very closely zoomed and thus can’t point anything. I made few models before, but i didnt move the camera, so there was no problem. but for my last model, I must move the camera. I made a nice model , I only can’t render it for the camera :mad: Oh the best part - after all this, if i managed to point the camera somehow, it give a bird eye view…i mean the square plane looks like a round plane.

I too get annoyed with the camera, however I think we are in the minority. I wonder if there is a camera tutorial around someplace?

If you choose the camera object, and go to the object data tab, you can choose between perspective ( i think this is what you mean by “birdseye view”) and ortographic and panoramic. A bit below that, you also have a clipping option, which might fix your problem with “going into the background”. Im not really sure what you mean, without a picture. Can you use fly mode to position correctly? (Shift-f)

Also, when you try to position the camera, do you focus on the object? Have you checked the “Lock camera to view” option, in the “View” tab, in the right hand options?