Need help installing K Cycles in Blender

Kind of new in Blender. So, KCycles is not an add on from what I gather so far. They say to start the blender.exe. But I can’t find this file in the package downloaded. This is like installing a whole new blender? What happens to my other one with all my add-ons? Many thanks!

No, it is not an add-on but a NEW Blender Build…
It is installed like any Blender Version downloaded as a zip file…
Unzip the package and copy the contents to a location of your choice ( Make a folder where you want, and move the contents of the zip to that folder…) In the Zip is where Blender.exe is located. For other builds you may have already, it will depend on which version K-Cycles is currently Built upon, which I don’t know. More than likely the most current stable release or one with LTS ( Long Term Support), I would think. I would be prepared to re-install your add-ons, just in case. It will depend on if you are going to keep your current version along with K-Cycles, or not.

1 Like

The first result on my search engine is the Blendermarket page https://blendermarket.com/products/k-cycles which clearly states it is a custom build, not an addon.
There’s a Discord server too, I suppose you can use that to contact the author directly for help. But I’d be surprised he didn’t bundle a readme/instructions with the download.
Here’s his thread for announcements and support : K-Cycles - 4.0 Performance Update, New Light Mixing Ultra Lighting, Post FX, & Denoising

1 Like

Thanks. Cool. I’ve extracted it to a new folder, and I saw the application. I clicked, and boom—it launched with all my settings and add-ons in it! Good stuff.

1 Like