Need help on imporving the topology of the front od the car

Im just making an Honda NSX as a practice on modelling cars and later i could make my own, however there are issues that hinders my progress of making this car when doing the front view of the car.

As a beginner in blender, i really need help to improve and learn the tips and tricks on making it.
The issues are

• Matching the curvature of the car
  • Working on the details (Headlights,Vents)
  • Unsure if i use creases or extra edge while not messing up the geometry of the car

Here are the photo provided

It had topology and curvature issues when align the vertices and the lines and edges of the blueprint resulting a rocky-like mess of the geometry of the object, commonly occurs from the corner of the car next to the wheel

I really want to learn how can i detail the headlights, vents, even the popup headlights too

i can provide other images but this forum won’t let me upload more that one image because my account is relatively young (I made my account and this is my first time posting it)

lastly i need a way to hide my workflow so i can work on matching the car’s curvature and the vertices, this object has subdivision and solidify modifiers

I hopefully need need help for this pls

speaking of not uploading more than 1 image per post, here are the other views of myu model that can be fixed

You need to learn from the master…Chris Plush.

Check out his new tutorial - 3D Cars: Inside and Out in Blender.

CG Masters

yeah thank you for that that recommendation but it’s too much i can afford from this book sorry, i just wanted someone to help me with tips and tricks and use constructive criticism to improve 3d model

Okay. I understand. Just search for some 3d models of that car and look at the topology that was used to create it and maybe get an idea on how to model it properly.

Or look at this artist for tips:

https://www.youtube.com/@irasnarob

Thank you, im using reference images of wireframes on the nsx which are helpful but my focus point is doing the lights and vents of vehicle, for the headlights part (prob signal) lights, should i extrude? What are the other tips should i do?

I guess you can inset and move it backwards to create the shape you want. There are many ways to develop those areas.

Look at this video:

around 15:53 and you might get some ideas on how to model but you’ll have to slow down the video because it is sped up

Hey, hi, welcome aboard…

Here’s what I see needs work

The yellow line around the wheel area, that needs to have verts and edges along there. The bottom side/front has a nice set of continuous faces, do you see them? (sorry noticed that after I drew over the image) You need a row like that around the wheel opening.

The blue line area looks like it’s to low. the curvature of the hood pretty much matches that of the fenders.

To answer some of your points, and this is just my opinion…

Don’t use creases, use edge loops instead. Enable the SubSurf modifier for edit mode. I think it’s the triangle looking icon in the modifier. Don’t mess with the Solidify modifier, get the shape right before worrying about thickness.

By this do you mean hide parts of your mesh? In edit mode, select verts you want to hide, and press the H-key to hide them, Alt-H-key un-hides them.

I have a few more thoughts, but that’s it for now…

Randy

Thank you, i might try and see it really works,

Here are the points i could answer.

1. For the yellow parts could focus fixing the wheel cover with looptools
  2. For the blue line area, I just add another loop cut just for the headlights, i tried to pull up an edge from the bottom of the pop up headlight to make a slope but accidentally affecting the hood which you are right
  3. I might try it out first and see how it goes
  4. It’s a mess when you are trying to work on to match the curvature of the blueprint combined with a sea of vertices and transparent geometry blocking your way,

I tried this in wirefrane mode but since i had subdivision surfaces enabled (Without subdiv, the object in wireframe was clean) it was a mess, i need to hide only the vertices only