Need help with a few things for a custom IK rig

1num

So I have this rig. What I wanted to do is have a stretchable rig with a few IK points as you can infer from the image. For now, I wanted to know how can I make that lower IK point in the image to follow the X and Z axis of that higher IK point while also be able to move on it’s own and uses that intersection as it’s center of rotation. I saw a driver setup here and tried that but it doesn’t seem to work. If I move the higher IK, the lower stays where it were, so the bones doesn’t move at I wanted to.

For anyone who wanted to know what the final result that I wanted to have, I wanted to make this rig to be stretchy with the top tentacle to curl around the intersection. The body tentacle to act kind of like a spine. And the bottom tentacles act like rudimentary legs but in like a cartoony way where they are always curved as well.

Stupid me, overthinking about stuff again. I didn’t think about just doing a Keep Offset parent the lower IK to the higher IK. But would that translate well to the generated rig?

1 Like

number1.blend (2.2 MB)

I think I got the upper part I bit better now.

That was my first thought but I got diverted by the 33 dependency cycles in your file.
The file has hidden rigs that are somehow attached to your number 1 that gives 33 dependency errors.
I deleted my answer because the dependency cycles refer to the hidden rig.

Unfortunately in the new version now 34!

I think the first thing you should do is clean up the file getting rid of all that.
I think it has to do with the rigify addon, I do not use it so I have no idea why those hidden armatures and python scripts are there.

If you run Blender from a terminal, the terminal will show all these errors.

1 Like