Need help with making an animated splashing effect/ shader

Hi all,

I am in desperate need of a tutorial or someone to guide me on how to create a splashing animation. The idea I have is to be able to apply an animated splashing shader/ material to a simple object like a cube, then use that to duplicate and place around all the places where water would be splashing in my scene. I have found a number of tutorials on how to make fire and smoke shaders but they are not helping. I also cannot use mantaflow or any other fluid sim, as I want to save on frames and energy. I would like the splashing effect to be below the wheel where it meets the water, as seen in the screenshot.

Thank you!

I am uncertain what style your going for exactly but since your ruling out simulation I am assuming you are ok with a more stylized result.

Realtime VFX (for games) is its own kind of skill and there are lots of awesome tutorials for it out there. Its really quite amazing what you can do with some smart shader work and very little geometry. Here is a really cool one for a water splash that might inspire you/give you some ideas. :slight_smile:

I appreciate the advice, but I am making more of a photo-realistic scene. As you can see in the screenshot, I am looking for a splashing effect that would go under the wheel. The river is an animated water texture.