need help with pixel art 3d

hello everybody, i’m new on forum. Just I’m learning 3d with 3d max and blender. Currently i would like to make low poly character, in a pixel art texture style. Something like this:

http://www.kennethfejer.com/lowpoly.html

i begin my first character with 3d max:

And would like to continue in blender. In fact I have imported it. But now, i have a big problem with the texture. Seems is imposible to render as pixel art ratio. This is, in absolutly no anti-alias. so the result of all my renders was blur image.

Somebody know if is posible to render in blender like these examples?

manythanks!

Turn off anti-aliasing?

Try turning off interpolation under Image Sampling in the texture panel, also lowering the Filter Size will probably help, I’d recommend leaving scene Anti-Aliasing on.

Many thanks, i really apreciatte your help. you are right about turn off interpolation option. But, in addition of this configuration mistake i have another problem. I get to import the 3d max model to blender almost correctly. As you can see here, seems all is ok. but isn’t it. The skin of body seems invested/fliped. Becasue the brown shoulder is on the opposite side. Also i see on the 3d view a strange effect on body, like the poly are “invested” ( you can see on the other image) Somebody knows to solve this? many thanks again

Simple problem :slight_smile: But could be real pain in the ass:) You just have flipped normals in model - to fix this, go into edit mode (Tab), select all verticies (a) then Recalculate Normals (Ctrl-n if I remember correctly)

Many thks for your help again. Some body knows how i can do a Unwrap of both sides od the same plain?

Hm… Personally, I think this is not possible… Someone correct me?

You mean unwrap both sides of a mesh in a mirrored way? I’d just halve the mesh, apply the UV-texture (unwrap), and then apply a Mirror modifier and finish up the details (changing non-symmetrical UV-settings, adding portions, etc).

Or maybe this is it?
http://blendernerd.com/double-sided-materials/

It seems that I was wrong. :slight_smile: