Need help with some mountains

I’m working on this scene but i can’t seem to make proper looking icy mountains. I want the mountains to only have ice at the top and stay rocky in the bottom. I don’t really have any past experiences of making mountains in blender so advice is appreciated!

Before judging your model any more harshly, I would suggest that you take what you’ve got now and try to “photograph it.”

(As far as “icy at the top, etcetera” goes, I’d say that you’ve already got it – “good enough [for now].”)

I’d "readily accept" your mountains, if you placed the camera appropriately in the scene and used a nice “zoom” lens – as you undoubtedly would, in real life. So, “leave your set-builder self behind, for a moment.” Get down there in that world of yours and start shooting. (The “feedback” that you can then provide will tell your “set-builder” what to do next … if anything.)

Your second ‘photo,’ for example, is a very-engaging expression of this idea: it has “a definite feel to it,” and “feel” is very important because this defines the “style” of the picture that you are working to create. You should decide early-on on a “feel,” and then construct every subsequent shot to support whatever-it-is.

1 Like

Welcome :tada:
…well you might just need some more samples… or/also in the second image the sun is coming from “behind” the mountain… so you might want to use some additional emmssion… to the already mixxed white… ?? Or if you do not want to “fake this” some more/brighter environment light ??