need help with UV

Yes, that should be fine. You’ll see all of the faces for all joined objects in the UV editor at the same time, but the faces won’t change, and the textures won’t move.

How exactly do you want to change the color?

Start by changing the Texture Blending Mode in the Map To panel (F5) to “Multiply,” and then setting a base color (for the material, not for the texture).

This isn’t always the right way to do it, but since the texture is mostly white in this case, I think it might work. If not, try other blending modes and different base colors.

Attachments

i think i can use the UV mapping as normal map to get some 3d effects
but not certain how to !

because one of the model is going to be like a bronze eagle
for the old Roman Army standard

nw i’m beginning to work on the eagle’s claws see pic

i’v marked up the seams on top as shown in pic
but is there a way to show it in edit mode somewhere in F9 panel?
i don’t see any seams marker

with this finger i got the two sides but have only one uv side in pic
how can i repeat the uv on the other side?

i also began doing the body buthaving a problem
i cannot see the body in 3D window while in UV edit mode?
how can i see it there ?

alos i think i fond the 2 sides in one of the UV panel check pic of panel

Thanks

/uploads/default/original/3X/9/2/926008e257375a4f9b78e961c27dda7dc6725f24.PNGstc=1&d=1231617406

Just make the faces overlap. In other words, make it so both sides of the claw are lined up with the claw in the picture, sharing the same space. The image will show up on both sides. You can reduce the visibility of the border where the two sides join by lining up all of the outer vertices.

Can you be more specific? You have a body mesh, you have changed one of your windows to a UV editor, and you can’t see the body… in the 3D view, or in the UV editor? Are you in solid, shaded or textured view? Edit Mode or Object Mode? Could your vertices be hidden?

Oh, good. It’s good to know it’s still there; if I ever get around to making a game, those tools will come in handy.

Attachments

that’s great

so you can put many UV faces above each other and all of them will see the same part of the pic!

i have to play some nmore with the finger because the
UV mapping does not look good at all - at least not like the other one
for the head

did you have time to check the file for the body in PM message

can you explain a little the trick about mirror in edit UV mode?

for the finger i got one file where i set a seam on top
and then unwrap the thing so i get 2 layers above each other

is there a way to select only one layer
to move it to another location ?

happy blendering

Thanks

The button I mentioned in the PM, “Sync UV and Mesh Selection,” will let you select faces in the 3D veiw, and move the selected faces in the UV editor.