Need some opinion on some addons

I am going to invest on them to keep Blender my main DCC & the entire pipeline into Blender. So no Zbrush or Substance Painter.

Speedsculpt

Proflow

Speedretopo

Speedflow

Asset management

Simply Cloth Pro

Cablerator

Bakemaster

Ravage - Layer Based Texturing

Zen Uv V4.2.1

I am not including MeshMacine, Decal Machine, Curvemachine, Punchit, Machinetools, HardOps & Boxcutter. They are popular for themselves.

Also I am not including any animation, Simulation or Terrain generator add-ons cause I don’t work on them.

I think Blender’s Rigging, Animation & Geonodes with exicisting Physics system will be enough for my workflow if there is any need to integrate them. Also in the future I have plan to integrate Houdini in my workflow if needed.

My current flow will be

Modeling + Sculpting + Retopo + UV + Baking + Texture in Blender

The entire pipeline is for Game & Animation assets.

In the future if I see any need to integrate Rigging + Animation in my workflow I think I can get the job done with Blender’s existing tools.

For simple Simulations & procedural systems I think Geonodes will be enough

but in the future I would love to integrate Houdini to my workflow.

So the entire pipeline would simply be Blender + Houdini + Unreal Engine 5 if that makes any sense, with Houdini being only paid package.

this is the only package that I would not mind to pay for. $400 for a 2 year indie license justify the cost itself.

I agree with most all of your list
The only thing in your list I don’t use is Houdini, Speedsculpt, and Proflow. I do have another Asset Manager … and I have Substance Paint and Designer but they are older versions before becoming Rentware. Also, Quixel Mixer and Bridge ( Free) as I have an Epic Games account.
I also use Auto-Rig Pro for rigging.

Plus many many more that I picked up throughout the years…I just use whatever I need for the current project…
But I am also a compulsive Add-On Horder

2 Likes

must. have. them. all. :smiley: (might also be a bit compulsive. :smiley: )

2 Likes