Need to specify multiple blender versions, including daily builds such as 4.1 alpha etc

To make my addon attractive to more people, I’ve added extensive versioning code to ensure the addon is compatible with Blender version 2.93 all the way through to 4.1 Alpha, and regularly test the addon with daily builds to ensure compatibility for those that like to live on the edge.

Would it be possible to instead of only being able to specify a single Blender version that the addon is compatible with, to be able to specify a range using two form inputs: ‘From’ and ‘To’?

4 Likes

Agree with this, if possible, could also be shown as check boxes like in Blender Market (though don’t have to include minor versions, I guess).

versions

To piggyback on this matter, when I check preview on my listing, somehow the version shown is like this lol (I selected 3.0) :

ver 9

1 Like

Bart has a lot on his plate so I’ll add this functionality and let you all know when that’s done :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Joseph! The thing to watch out for is backward compatibility for the existing Listings.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll do it on a local install first to make sure nothing breaks

1 Like

This is a fairly involved change, by the way, it’s definitely possible but it’s going to take a few days or so. I’ll try to have it done before Blender Conference

1 Like

What’s the complication? I’m happy to help with this.

It’s not so much a complication- it’s just that the taxonomy is being referenced in a bunch of places and those will all need small tweaks. I’ve got it though, should take less time than I’d thought

1 Like

You can now specify multiple Blender versions :slight_smile: Blender versions also display correctly

1 Like

awesome, any chance you could add 2.93 as an option too?

yep, added :slight_smile:

1 Like

just noticed the blender versions don’t show on the preview. Not important because it they show on the proper page, but just thought I’d mention in case you want to fix it.

1 Like

I’ll look into that after BCON- I don’t want to mess around too much with a ticking clock looming over my head :wink:

2 Likes