Need volunteers to model Super Tux chars in 3d for a open source game

Hi, my name is Samuel and I’m game developer at free time.

I want to make the 2d super tux game in a 3d way but keep the arcade like.
I’m making a code for a 3d arcade engine and I want to make some game with it.
I’m not a newbie on game dev, I wrote some 2d engines from ground:
see here my opensource 2d game engine [it’s over 10k lines]:

And a little platformer game that was made with my engine:

I want to make the super tux game in 3d and I need some voluteer to model, because I don’t know so well how to animate. I used blender at the past and made some models, but it was before 2.80.

So, could you make models for this project and make this game with me?

Which are my abilities:
-programming [excellent]
-cartooning 2d [good]
-game design [good]
-level design [bad]
-modeling and animation 3d [bad]

The game code will be opensourced, I prefer Zlib license but we can talk about it.

UPDATE:
The game will be make with typescript and babylonjs as backend of the arcade 3d engine. So, the game will run over a web browser.

Is their any software i need to have to run the game / test and make my own levels?

Hi, what I’m planning is to make a web based game. So, you will just need a browser to run the game. The arcade 3d engine I’m making over the babylonjs with typescript.
I will make some level editor, this is simple to do, then it will some of last things to do.

I just need someone to make animations and the models of game. The other things I do it by myself.

hi, i was interested, i like supertux a lot and i always wanted to see him in a 3d game if you can pass on more information maybe i can help you.

If you got game to show it will help people want to contribute more. Show the work and passion you have for the project. Show that you have put many many hours already into this project.

Cool! Do you have a discord account? If do, so we can combine how to work with each other. I work on this only at night and at saturday and sunday.

You are right! But, I don’t have so much to show, because I use only some cubes at the moment. Maybe at night I will make a little demo of the engine, even with just cubes. So, just wait a little.

EDIT:
I will prepare a little demo with some elements of a platformer 3d game. So, just at Saaturday or Sunday I’ll post it.

hi my nickname on discord is Ritpop # 6083

Ok man, I will add you. E perae, tu é brasileiro? Ou é português?

Here, a little demo of the game:

NOTE: clear the cache of your browser to see the latest version of the demo.
Controls:
  • AWSD to move
  • space to jump

For now we have:

• Basic enemy movement
  • Collect coins (the rotating cubes)
  • Question blocks (I don’t remeber of put this on the demo)
  • voxel level
1 Like