NeoGeo - Where Did It Go?

Ton Roosendaal founded NeoGeo in 1988. This company used the software called “TRACES” (Predecessor of Blender), however, NeoGeo vanished without a trace! What happened to it? There is no information on the matter!

1 Like

Here’s a tiny bit of history. https://www.blender.org/foundation/history/

Cheers,
Paul

1 Like

Yes. I read that before :grinning:, however, it doesn’t tell us where NeoGeo went. We know that in 1988, NeoGeo was founded. In 1998, NaN (Not a Number) was founded. But where did NeoGeo go? It was there, and then dissapeared.

I guess it was closed in favor on NaN. Companies do die.

2 Likes

But there’s not enough info on how, when, or if it died. I visited the old Blender website on the Wayback Machine (Blender.nl), and I saw, as the years progressed, NaN and NeoGeo were both there, and around 2002, NeoGeo just disappeared. There’s no info.

It failed. If you happen to have one of the games or even the console, it’s worth lots and lots of money. High valued collector items.

Not the Japanese NeoGeo! I mean the NeoGeo that was founded by Ton Roosendaal in 1988! Logo at the bottom!
neogeo

We broke up.
Like a bad marriage.

1 Like

Oh… That’s too bad… It looked like it had potential…

Potential?

We were very successful. The best animation studio in the Netherlands.

But Ton wanted to break up.
Not sure why. We argued a lot.
And maybe he got sick of it.

We gave him blender and then he erased us from his memory.

Bit weird that he now has an animation studio though. Not sure weird covers the load.

What’s that song in frozen?
Let it go.

Namaste and stuff.

2 Likes

To be fair, Ton did make Traces for fun. I guess it was just his little passion project. I guess he didn’t like the idea as his intention wasn’t originally to start an entire company, and I guess the stress got to him, since we did talk through E-Mail, and when I mentioned NeoGeo and my Traces tutorial, he did mention that the co-founder was Frank van Beek and Joeri Kaasenaar was an editor… So he didn’t exactly erase everyone from his memory… I guess he just got annoyed and stressed out… But perhaps after a while of thinking, he decided to take another shot at it and started a new animation studio…

¯\_(ツ)_/¯