Nespresso Coffee Machine

Originally created in a 2 hour speed modelling session. I’ve since gone back over these models cleaned up the topology and made them SubD compatible.

Simple 3 point lighting. Large fill on the left hand side, main light on the right and rim light added at left back. Spot added to the background to give a glow around the machine.

Heres the wireframe and I’ve kept the Modifiers list so you can see how its put together. Also the two hours modelling was only for a low res cage of the Coffee Machine its self. I then used the Bevel Modifier and a little time to make it all SudB.

SubD Model using the Bevel Modifier

Really rough poly model before adding Bevel and Subd.

51 Likes

Such a clean model! And the lighting really makes it pop. Great job! :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you very much. Its hard to make these things look clean, but realistic! :rofl:

1 Like

Very nice. It’s both clean and smooth, pleasant to the eye. Congrats!

1 Like

it’s mind blowing. does not matter how many times i see this kind of work.

the quality is so high but you don’t have a profile pic, then opened your portfolio and you are the guy that did the kraken bottle (it all makes sense now), both great!

the capsules have just the right texture. it’s these kind of details that make the difference.

1 Like

Thanks Nick! Still love the quality of your Audi! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much for the kind words!

Yeah, ok, good point @kyeo I’ll add a profile picture! HAHA :slight_smile:

If you like these then you might like this one I posted a few weeks ago:-

True that, lol :laughing:

1 Like

Profile picture added! :wink:

1 Like

Really nice modelling and good rendering.
Could you share with us the wireframe?

How did you model it? Which technique?

thanks in advance for sharing.

1 Like

Great Models and lighting. Reckon that would be a chalenge to model in 2hrs.

1 Like

There is so much to like.
Great work.

1 Like

Exactly…it seems a very tight time to model everything visibile in that image.

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

Hey @marcatore I’ve added a wireframe as per your request and I’ve left in the Modifiers tab so you can see whats going on there.

Modelling is pretty simple really, just used the two hours to poly model a low res cage ‘game ready’ model. From there you can quickly add in a Bevel Modifier and SubD fixing the issues as you find them. For this kind of modelI only ever model 25-50% as you’ll find you can mirror a lot of the model! :wink:

1 Like

Having that two hour challenge is the real reason I do this kind of thing, just to really see how much I can actually do, music on, switch brain off so dont over think… :rofl:

Materials and Lighting are always my hardest challenges.

1 Like

Thanks! I try to put details in everywhere, but sometimes they are really subtle and you have to zoom in to see them.

Thank you very much.
I’d like to don’t abuse too much about your sharing soul but could you add a wireframe view with subdivision modifier disabled?
The wireframe lines seems really good and I’m quite curious about the holes you have in the front grid. The dificult part on this kind of modelling is maintain a good flow without deformations.

If haven’t any time to share more…no problem, don’t worry!

1 Like

@marcatore Wireframe with SubD and Bevel modifiers switched off…not pleasant to look at! :rofl:

The wireframe for this is really quick messy, I’ve only added in the bare minimum of control edges to help the Bevel and SubD work correctly and give a clean looking surface.

You’re right good flow is important, but good edge flow can also be abused once you know what you’re doing to get quick results and if you’re not bothered about clean mesh. :rofl:

1 Like

Thank you very much.

1 Like