Nessie (loch ness "monster")

for some reason making the stars smaller didn’t work… I know how to do it they just wouldn’t shrink, or they’d disapear. Can you please walk me through compositing?

that looks real good, i expecially like the water. Good job!

Omg. Reality check. Come on. Go do the ‘Noob to Pro’ tutorial before you start posting. You can learn alot Lipton.

omg. I did. I just didn’t feel like doing all of it, though I do refer back to it a lot. I will learn how to use blender in my own time in my own way. Maybe you should consider a courtesy class, that was a completely rude and pointless comment, and also irrelevant. I’m sure you were as noobish as I may or may not be at one point. For your information I haven’t even been using blender for that long, I think I am making perfectly fine progress.

LOL! you sitting their waiting or something? That was fast!? I just remember doing the ‘Noob to Pro’ and not wanting to post anything until i was FULLY satisfied with something decent.

no I just happened to come on at that moment. Ok well you have a different learning method then :slight_smile: I prefer to jump into things and learn from comments and crit and help from people, not just tutorials. To tell you the truth, I hate using tutorials.

It wasn’t a rude and pointless comment. Probably the most truthful and direct comment you got so far.
Anyway, could say alot more but im not going to drag it on.

it was rude though. You laughed at my 3D modeling abilities. How is that not rude? If you had worded it differently, it wouldn’t have been rude but that way you said what you said was rude, and not the crit asked for in this thread.

LOL. I didn’t laugh. I did then. You asked for critisism, i gave it.
:slight_smile:
You want crits? Your, ‘Ness’ Should be a hell of alot bigger, i think, not a pin point in the back ground. So we can see it. Your whole scene needs more lighting. You need to work on oraganic modelling, which is ok at this point. You need to read up on tutorials, cause although u hate them, you can learn alot of things your not going to get ‘told’ here on the forums. The water could be better, which you could also easily pick up on tutorials, but u hate em. You could use an image background and the blend your work with accordance with it. You could read up on texturing, to give proper results for your ness and the scene. The blender magaize number 14 i think deals with texturing, it could help.

thats better :slight_smile: thx. I made nessie smaller because I didnt want to work with a huge scene, so nessie needed to be scaled down accordingly, I think she is a realistic size. And since I hope to pass this off as real to some online friends, I need her farther away that just makes it more realistic. I used a tutorial on water making for the water, I went right up to the point where it tells you how to animate the water. I couldn’t find tutorials on image background stuff. The idea is for the whole scene to be dark, at night, with hardly any light both because I like the idea of that kind of scene, and because then I don’t need to worry about details as much. But if you have better ideas, I’m open to them.

I dun know if it is a realistic size. I’ve just come across proper measurements and the lack of blenders camera to really put a proper perspective on things. I mean, 1 meter in Blender units is equal to what in focal lense size? If that makes, it doesn’t to me. Im hoping, someone does. I mean it could be mm, cm, or M. Where 1 Blender unit is equal to, say, 1 meter. Theres a script for this but i dun understand it fully yet.
Whatever the case, your Ness should be in better view from an artistik empression at least, simply so we can see it better. Not to simply increase the distance cause your Ness looks suky up close. :slight_smile:
You looking at COG’s film for water annimation?

I was told to try http://www.cogfilms.com/tutorials.html when I asked for a tutorial on realistic looking water… all I did was copy what he said to do he didn’t explain anything though so there wasn’t much I could do to adapt it to my specific use, because I didn’t know what any of that stuff did really, except for nor. I’m still working on good camera and light angles for my works, that can come later when I’m closer to finishing…
It’s too much trouble to post atm but I fixed the fake looking light on the water, now it’s a much smoother light. I did a lot of random raising of the cliffs so now it’s really jagged on top, though I can’t decide whether it’s more realistic or not :smiley:
I was told that a blender unit doesn’t equal any real measurement, it’s whatever you want. I wasn’t worrying about measurements except in proportion to the size of the loch, the size of the surrounding land, and the size of each body part.

Well if any pro can can tell me that proper measurments in respect to propotions doen’t exist in Blender, especially considering BLenses scricpt i’ll be very surprised. Found here http://home.metrocast.net/~chipartist/BlensesSite/index.html. If some could ellaborate, great.
What your doing is fine Lipton.
COG’s films are great, you’ll learn to follow them alot easier with time. There really not that difficult. A little outdated possibly but still give you great insite into many things.

forgot to say in my last post, really the only reasons I hate tutorials is 1) because with something that gets updated constantly they can end up out of date because of lack of maitainance, and because a lot of tutorials aren’t explained clearly enough. I’m kinda slow :frowning: so it’s important to me to be able to ask questions.

Hi Lipton, i know Digital Domain, his a dick at the best of times, especially when his been drinking. However, i must say his better then me and he does raise some good points in your all in all conversation! lol

lol yes I’m enjoying his bluntness :smiley:

Don’t listen to that ass. Except for the later.

too late :smiley: the deed has been done xD

I think it looks good, but you can’t see much detail in the small pictures. Could you post a bigger picture?

I posted widescreen pics!!! Besides, the finished product will end up being a small picture, because it needs to be camera-taken size.