Network and Distributed Rendering

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. I am looking for a add on or a program that will allow me to do network or distrubuted rendering in Blender 2.8.

I am coming from 3dsmax and I am used to using back burner ( which is old but still works ) on my small render farm ( 4 boxes plus an additional 2 workstations ) for quickly rendering stuff out.

Right now thats a big negative for Blender 2.8 compared to 3ds max and my company is does not want to loose the use of the render farm they invested.

Thanks
Alex

I don’t have multiple machines here so can’t test but I think the old way was to have a single directory where all the frames are being rendered by multiple blender instances (same scene) and switch off overwrite in the output tab. I don’t think this is an ideal solution but it may help. Or are you looking for a single frame rendered on multiple machines? I saw this but can’t seem to track it down.
https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/Source/Render/Cycles/Network_Render

Yes I am looking for a single frame rendered over multiple machines ( distributed rendering ).

I dont see how that initial idea would work on a still image.

Thanks
Alex

Yeah, the link at the end is for that, but as I said I couldn’t figure out whether its in 2.8 or not.

Interesting. It sounds like thats what I need but there is no link to it? I will check into it more. Thanks

Hi Alex,
try this, it does Distributed Rendering over x machines with Blender.

best regards

I am playing around with that as we speak.

Ill let you know how it goes.

Thanks
Alex

How did it go?