New 3D (Open Source) Game Engine to keep track of

Introducing Banshee 3D! An open source game engine with C# scripting, intuitive editor and powerful core based on C++14.

This has something I’ve been building for the last few years in an attempt to create an open source engine that stands out by providing intuitive tools and API, high performance, focus on bleeding edge technologies and most importantly, full source code access with quality modern design. This way every aspect of the engine can be tweaked, meaning new features can be added and bugs can be resolved by the community.

It currently has integrated systems for animation, audio, rendering, input, GUI and physics, support for both DirectX and OpenGL, a fully featured editor, high level C# API and scripting support, modern multi-threaded C++14 core, complete API documentation, import of many common file formats (.fbx, .png, .psd, .ogg, .ttf, etc.) and much more.

It’s still in development (pre-alpha stage), and in the next few months I’ll be adding support for Vulkan, physically based rendering and Mac/Linux ports, with a lot more coming after that.

Find out everything else at www.banshee3d.com. If you like the project and wish to help out, spread the word or consider contributing.

(I did not create it and am not affiliated with it in any way)

New game engine with a modern design. Looks quite intuitive and is also open-source. It’s still young but shows a lot of promise I think.

This looks like a really promising engine. I downloaded a copy. :slight_smile:

EDIT: There appears to be a bug where I literally can’t create a new project. Wow. The Create New button has the exact same functionality as the Browse button.

It seems that not many people are using it.I hope it gets better.What i don’t like about the gameengine is that it does not have visual scripting like logic bricks.Maybe someone will provide one later on.

Will give it a try when linux builds start showing up :slight_smile: