New bevel features round without restrictions

I want to bevel only the inside of the plane area without affecting the edges of the initial plane from which I created it.

You can see that the plane is no longer perfectly square and is rounded by the bevel tool.
See the same question on the blender.stackexcenge.com post !
… not work with scale … maybe I will use an older version of Blender 3D …
but I’m not sure if the bevel edge will be fixed to have the same result. I tested also these changes but not work maybe is in development … youtube.com/watch?v=h_9qtIEpa-4

I used the Blender 4.2 alpha version …

I think bevel is different how it works because it’s not for editing the plane, but for trimming the corners.

You can use Insight Faces for plane editing.

With bevels, you can extend the edges to remove deformation from where the edges meet.
(The deformation appears to occur due to the lack of space at the edge where it meets.)

4 Likes

You can extrude borders of the plane first, when use the bevel:

4 Likes

If used an old version of Blender 3D - 3.x , the bevel tool works with a slight modification of the edges…
Inset Faces has an ok pattern, but it has too many edges and I want equal surfaces… and I want it optimized for a range… I guess they can be reduced.
model_grid_blend_42a_ver_d174959759e7_bevel.blend (1.9 MB)

Ohhhh… now i understand… the red line in the first image was about a more specific pattern you wanted. The of course some inset individual, scale individual, merge by distance would be the choise… but of course the corners has to be considered… but you might try almost the same appoach and try this :

1 Like

We have the same issue with all versions of bevel. :thinking:
(See blender 2.79, blender 3.6, blender 4.1)

1 Like

I think @oo_1942 answer with inset faces was the best solution as i understood the question… now using my suggestion with that idea:

(i cut the lower part to arrange them better but this “broke” soemthing … :sweat_smile: )

1 Like

If you expand the edges and use bebevel only inside, you can make it the same as you intended. :smile:

1 Like

Nnnice.  

1 Like