New blender 2.63 Release Candidate 1

aha i see. maybe its normal.

Ah. Subdividing an Ngon basically subdivides the boundary edge. An option to auto-slice ngons into quads/tris would be nice, but I wouldn’t want Subdivide to make arbitrary topology decisions by default.

Dot-visualized vertices in all editing modes would probably be a good idea with Bmesh (optional, of course). Not seeing what’s happening with the verts when working in face-mode can be quite confusing, as in this case.
If there isn’t an option somewhere already? There’s the multiselect modes, but I don’t want to depend on editing mode choices just for visual feedback.

I understand that importer/exporter updates isn’t something to just take for granted, but NO export/import of ngons in the big 2.63 release seems like a rather significant gap.
Obj import/export seems the same in RC1 as in earlier versions. And I tried most other export/import options in test build 2.

+1, especially since there are place like TurboSquid where ngons are officially a no-no.

What about a counter that shows how many ngons are in the model? It already shows vertices, edges, and faces. Sometimes those ngons can be really hard to pick out.

or a addon that highlights Ngons… non manifold edges, loose verts, stray edges, holes… that would be really useful :slight_smile:

There’s a very good addon in the User Preferences -> Addons -> Testing -> Mesh called “Mesh : Face Info/Select Type”
It has been very very very usefull in all my tests when i needed to quickly find all the ngons i have left on my models
http://i.imgur.com/A6feJ.jpg
In one click it will select every ngons on your model

In my opinion it’s so good and usefull that it should be enabled by default.

Oh that is really nice! Moving that info to a more noticeable place would also be useful.

The main problem is that most of the addons in the Testing category do not make it into the “stable” release, it happened with 2.62 already.
Hopefully this one will make it, considering how usefull it is.

whoa… thanks for pointing that out

In edit mode, face select mode.

Select -> By number of vertex
[adjust options in the toolbar. For example: Greater than 4]

The number of selected faces (if vertex >4 = ngons) will appear in the info panel above

ENCN I think the BMesh API needs to be put in place and finished for the exporter to be written.

Bugtracker still broken for me and I’m using a completely different ISP. Guess the devs don’t wanna know.

That sounds like a bad bug. Please report it in the tracker:
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=add&group_id=9&atid=498

If for some reason the tracker isn’t working for you, you can email me at [email protected]. Please include all relevant info and a .blend that shows the issue.

Thanks Nick. You should have one now.

@Sanctuary…you said "When you save a blend in 2.63 that you want to open with a previous version,
you must do File -> Save As and enable “Legacy Mesh Format” on the panel to the left "

please tell me where will i found “Legacy Mesh Format”? download link give me.
I’m using blender 2.62.thanks

when you save the blender file. left down.

I have noticed that now the hdri environment node is different.

Now with blender 2.63 the environment looks more clear, and some reflections are different (changes in axes?).

I think the old environment node setup corresponds to “equirectangular” and “color” options.

Does anybody have more information?

Yes, in my test, using generated vector for environment node, and equirectangular-color options, I must rotate 180 degrees z axis (mapping node) to get the same reflections. And the environment is more clear.

If you’re using the “stable” version of Blender 2.62 , this option is not there, because there is no need of it.
If you’re using a Blender 2.62 from after Bmesh was merged (like the 2.63 RC1 by example), the “Legacy Mesh Format” option will be found after you do File -> Save As :

in sculpt mode, i found the ‘show bounding box’ only worked after the mesh was hidden. i don’t know whether it is a bug.