Thanks for the nice comment. :slight_smile:

1 Like

All quads? Give us some wireframe shots! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Almost all quads!

1 Like

Really nice!

1 Like

Ya! (it feels distasteful to ask for an undressed mesh)

1 Like

hahahah of course the bicycle too :v :rofl: :rofl: :wink:

1 Like

You bunch of polygon perverts!

The frame and the fork are messy because they come form CAD conversion. I made a clip about that. The welding is also ridiculously heavy. It was done by a junior guy at the office and we never got a chance to redo them. I don’t really care anyway. It renders so fast.

5 Likes

those triangles tho :weary:

Nice man! Really freaking nice!
BMXer approved. :metal:t2:

1 Like

Triangles. That is just what CAD imports do.

2 Likes

You can see the the front of the frame is OK, it’s only the back part. That’s because they made last minute changes and I didn’t have time to remodel it.

2 Likes

If the vertex normals are imported then triangles like this are perfectly fine as long as you don’t have to deform the geometry.

In this case you can see a couple of shading artefact, though. Not really that problematic for this shot but it can be huge time waster to fix these in other cases.
Sometimes the weighted normals modifer fixes all of these artefacts like magic but other times you have to cut ‘n’ slice for hours.

2 Likes

True, to be honest I loathe working with CAD imports. Thankfully Blender has (slowly) come a long way with the toolset for work like this.

May I suggest that you take a look at mu YT channel? I talk a lot about the topic.

and especially this one:

3 Likes

What’s the total poly count? Did you guys do the texturing in Blender or in Substance Painter?

Poly count is irrelevant for path tracers. But it’s quite light actually. There are lonely stickers on the bike so no need for substance. All done directly into Blender.

3 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like