New Cg Cookie Upgrade

The new CG COOKIE upgrade looks awesome :smiley: It was well worth the wait!
What do you guys think about it??

Kinda wierd that the comments section is removed from courses. Or am I missing something?

EDIT: Everything else seems pretty neat though.

Looks cool! Somewhat unrelated: Have they updated their membership options to include payment methods other than Paypal (i.e. credit card)?

you have to choose an item in that course,I think

looks okay

Is there a light theme option though? I tend to prefer light websites ,more than dark websites. Somehow it feels better to my eyes

It has its good and its bad. The bad is that theres more clutter and each section ends up being very busy. This makes it more difficult to identify and react to certain aspects of the website. To the new user this can also be intimidating. I do like how clean it feels though. Ultimately I would limit what each application’s home page shows and limit the necessary amount of scrolling involved.

Only the course overview doesn’t have comments, each lesson has a comments section. This is an effort to keep the comments more relevant to the specific video.

We are working on direct credit card support. It was suppose to go live with 4.0 but we ran into some last minute glitches and had to pull the plug until we can fix the problems. In the mean time we can always sned you a manual invoice which can be paid via credit card.

There’s no light theme right now. I won’t rule out the possibility but also don’t want to make any promises.

@Nathan.Ferguson, thanks for the plug!

I absolutely love it! :smiley:

Hi Jonathan;

How do we go about checking how long we have left as a citizen?

You can check your Citizen details via your user drop-down > Citizen Subscription: http://cgcookie.com/settings/#subscription

Is it too late to set it as recurring and will you need to need credit card details again or anything?

Nope it’s not too late! The price change takes affect tomorrow so if you shoot us an email via [email protected] today then we can get you setup. Once you setup the recurring then you shouldn’t need to do anything with your account or card unless you wish to cancel or if the payment fails for some reason.

OK sent you an email there, hopefully Im not too late, vastly different time zone so I’m just up hah. I did get a notification about having to register for the support part of the site separately, but I’m getting a re-direct loop there and can’t do it, hopefully the straight email I sent you guys gets through. BTW just bought the new animation DVD too, it’s brilliant!