New Character

neat idea! looks great and I hope you continue and finish.

Thanks for your comments guys. The character will basically be able to run, sneak, climb and maybe crawl. You won’t fight, nor have weapons. By doing series of mini quests, (some will be complex, and then day/night system will play a role) you’ll obtain the items for your balloon ship, which you’ll race at the end. I’m also making some artwork for loading screens, so here are two more shots, the last two for a bit.

http://johnpeb.dyndns.org/~joelm/bpic7.jpg
http://johnpeb.dyndns.org/~joelm/bpic6.jpg

This is one of the better blender games i’ve seen. Progress is looking nice, keep up the good work = )

I’ll stay tuned

Cool update, looks very professional!
I don’t know if you were going to do it but maybe you should add shadows(blobs) to the characters.

Just had a look at your .exe
It really works well! I love the style you guys are creating here.
I like the organic quality of the architecture. The run cycle on your charcter is also good. Inspiring! :slight_smile: Keep going! Are the shots above rendered or in game?

Faaantastic. You’ve improved a great deal since The Westerwind.
How’s this game running so far? Is it fast? I’m a bit concerned… lately my projects have been discouragingly slow. I hope yours has better luck, it looks to me that it could quite possibly be the best Blender game yet. I love the style, too. It looks almost painterly. Are you using Sumo or Bullet physics?

By the way, I just noticed that you’ve got some alpha overlap problems on the dove wings. not a huge problem, but you may want to fix it.

That is very cool, not only does it look professional (thanks Anicator) but also looks like a game that could hold some serious attention span. Keep working on it!

~Jace

i really like the style and it does look professional how long have you been using blender?

I was a bit iffy at first, but once again subsurfaces save the day. It gives me much hope to see this kind of work.

WOW!
I hope one day that I can get to your level. The models look great, the scenery looks great, and the story line makes this game very duable and I will be watching the progress of this game with much anticipation. :slight_smile:

hmm…three days to get a job and make a ballon ship…is that all u get?..sounds tuf, how many pieces are there? So have you thought about what Music ur gonna put in to the game?Also one thing bout the ballon ship u need some ballist u know some kind of weight,ex. sand bags, just another way to control a ballon…Nice Work…

Keep up the awesome work! I would really like to play this game. :slight_smile:

ARE YOU RETARDED? Do you realize that this was posted in June? My sheer anger towards you caused me to go as low as using caps lock.

Yes, that’s exactly the way to talk if you want something. The maker of this game still goes to school (I think), so he has not much time. But when I remind him of his little game nicely and tell him, how much I like what I have seen yet, then he might work on it a little more, so it will be released some day.

And my state of mind stays not to question. I know it was posted then. I saw it then. I liked it then. I still like it. What’s your problem? If you arn’t the developer, why even bother to read my comment?

lol, take it easy msdos.

Thanks for the comments, yes I do go to school so progress is slow, and also now that the new Zelda is out…even slower. But that doesnt mean I’ve abandoned the project, I’m still working on two more major maps, hopefully by the new yr i’ll have another update

Lucky you. In my country I have to wait to Dec. 8.

I really like the design and feel of your level. The house looks wonderful. The only thing that bothers me about your character is the legs and ankles. Other than that everything looks awesome. I cant wait to see more.

It looks really good, just a comment on the actual character model. It comes off looking extremely feminine to me. The hips are wider than the shoulders, and something about the cheekbones. Not a huge issue, just a comment :slight_smile:
Overall it looks very well done, I’ve seen other posts but since this one is more concentrated on the actual model itself I feel more inclined to comment/critique.

1 Like

School always slows down. However school is usefull too(sigh).

yah, that’s why I started homeschooling. Now I’ve got a commercial graphic design job… Anyway, I love the project, I’d forgotten about it until panzi bumped the thread, and not untastefully either. If you’d like any help I’d love to oblige.