New icons for Blender 2.8

48x48 icons for the File Browser were already added. They’re in the uploaded *.svg with small icons, but outside the paper space. I made just three of them (the Folder, the Folder with “go up in hierarhy” icon and a generic File, because the already readymade small icons can indicate type of a file, the way I depicted in this proposal: LINK. Actually just like it’s done right now. All is needed is to add backdrops (circles) under small icons, to make them visible against light thumbnails.
I uploaded the separate *.svg with big icons, but all specific filetypes share the same icon (an empty sheet of paper), for the reasons mentioned above.

Right, I know, but it seems like Blender doesn’t use those - these are stored in a separate file. It uses the one I posted above.

The separate*.svg file is ready to download. First post.

4 Likes

Last minute tweak and the *.svg update - Heart icons are more curvy now.

3 Likes

New icons for the Image ObData has landed in the sheet in the first post.

2 Likes

Hello William and designed an icon for the Blender 2.8 Folders

I think it was very good for me. It is done in Adobe Illustreitor if you like repode this message and sent you the .AI

7 Likes

the new icons are looking great, but one question, how did this snuck in?maybe just a temp.

Strange…
@William - are You aware ot this bug?

No idea - it seems to be some kind of bug in the way we use Git or something? On my end it doesn’t look like that. This seems to happen whenever we draw a new icon on top of an old one, with a different name, this problem happens. Really bizarre. I don’t know why it happens like that - I’ll try and investigate.

Here it looks correct:

Edit: We have the same problem with the Driver types, where old, incorrect icons show up, even though they are not even in the icon sheet. I’m at a complete loss - no idea whatsoever how that is even possible. I just doesn’t make any sense :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This becomes even more strange - previous build from daily Build Bot (git.9a1796797e8-windows64 21.11.2018) looks like this:
drivers

1 Like

I really cannot understand where these old icons are coming from :slight_smile: They are not even included with Blender, and their names are no longer used.

?

I just compiled Blender 2.80 a few seconds ago and get this:

Screenshot%20from%202018-11-22%2013-59-58

I have old icons in “blender/blender/release/datafiles/blender_icons.svg”
I’m not sure if you were referring to it.

Gah! They are taking over! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Those icons don’t exist in blender_icons.svg

Do not even dare to blink!!!

maybe the *.dat are still there?

Is not this the icon that appears in properties editor?
icons

Sorry if I’m misunderstanding things, I really have no idea how this works.

But they have new names, so they are new .dat files that have been regenerated. I don’t get it

That is the icon yes, but what you have there is an outdated blender_icons.svg