New "Planet" procedural texture by Farsthary

@ Dingto

do you have the set up for the different planets texture in first post?

i began playing with this a little but mostly to see what kind of stones faces that can be done!

THanks

@RickyBlender: I only posted the images, they were done by Farsthary.

From the list (I post it here because there was also a discussion that he jumped a lot from other projects)

Many people think that jumping from one field to another in 3D
development is not good , but well, many good ideas born from mixing
different things into a new one, and my recent perticle developments
provide me the tools to implement a mesh relaxation algorithm based on
the principles of particle spring forces :slight_smile:

This new mesh relaxation implemenetation for Blender will be incredible
handy not just for the unlimited clay tool but for every modeling
toolbox :slight_smile:

I have tried to use the smoothing tool of Editmode but is not very
suited for unlimited clay, Sculptis perform a smoothing relaxation
algorithm on brush strokes and that is the reason of their clean meshes,
so I have tried to accomplish the same.

I will upload soon a video demo showing the relaxation in action, it
could “clean” very messy start geometry, I mean, if you start with lots
of stretched polygons it will make them as even as possible.
It is still not finished and I have to decide yet to make a patch to
implement it as an editmode tool too

You know, all this bashing against Farsthary is coherent with all the bashing and trolling going around in Blenderland these days. Go on, all this trolling is music to my ears as it sounds precisely like a bunch of sweaty weenies from the CG industry afraid of Blender displacing the proprietary tools they took so long to learn and depend upon…

I sorta doubt that - sounds a bit conspiracy theorist to me, but I do agree people should really get off devs backs. Really there are all types of people that make the world go-round and one of those types of people is R&D type people. This is what I would classify Farsthary as. He gets excited about things and shows us what is possible. Then other devs who have more of a ‘make it stable’ mindset pick it up and run with it. Without both types of people, we would not have the Blender we have today. It’s great that people can pick up the software and experiment/add to it - I wish more did so as I bet we could be shown a myriad of new ways we could improve that was not previously thought about.

I saw that too, I’d say it’s a good thing if he’s learning nearly every facet of the Blender code-base with these different projects and then apply his increased knowledge on his other projects.

At this rate he could be experienced enough code-wise to be given direct SVN access to at least one or two areas in the near-future, it would be neat to see him be able to directly commit his stuff to the trunk instead of his own branch.

@farsthrary Would there be anyway for me to program blendedcities (city generator) to work with this?

see my new thread using planet texture for stones
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=203917&p=1749251#post1749251

happy 2.5

will there be a new built for 2.56 with planet teture and possibly to include the latest Unlimited Clay that farsthrary has done last month if the patch can be found for it !

Thanks happy 2.56

hey now we got another pathc for Sim particules vortex

is it possible to make a new built for vista so we can test this new vortex with particule sim

wold be nice to test this new feature

and hope he can give us more features in near futur like the one for unlimited clay
which would be a sper new sculpt tool!

let us know if you come up with a new bult for vista !

Thanks & khappy 2.5