New Rig, any suggestions or concerns?

Howdy, I just bought all the components for this, and before I throw it together, what does everyone think? Anything I should address?

i7-3770K
Asrock Extreme4 Z77 mobo
16gb 1600 ram(2 x 8gb sticks so I can put two more in when I need)
GTX 570 hand me down
el cheapo Ultra LE 700w PSU
el cheapo Cooler Master mid tower ATX case
no OS yet. I’ve been itching to try Linux and it’s free, so maybe I’ll go that route.

Mostly what I want is really zippy responsiveness in the 3d view when I sculpt and animate long complicated chains of bones.

Looks pretty good. The GTX 570 will also get you pretty good GPU render speeds in Cycles if you plan to use it - just hope it has enough VRAM for you. I do keep hearing that AMD cards give slightly better viewport performance but I just can’t sacrifice the compute capability of the CUDA cards for it.

Hope it all goes well for you,
Jon

PSU looks way too light, I suggest you double check it.
http://images10.newegg.com/BizIntell/tool/psucalc/index.html

Hmm, I came up with 536w requirement. Think 150w isn’t enough of a buffer? I’m new to this building stuff, so any suggestions or info are greatly welcomed and appreciated.
Cheers,
Alex

That’s plenty buffer, I’m just surprised. I have like a GTX 460/70/80 sumthing, can’t even remember anymore, but I need about 950W with an i7 and 8GB of RAM. I admittingly built around the # of CUDA cores though, 480 so maybe that has something to do with it. You’re good then, just good to double check =D

whew, sigh of relief breathed. That’s some super wattage! I think if I start overclocking (which I am new to) I might need a beefier PSU. That won’t be for a bit though.
Thanks again,
Alex

It really should be okay. I manage to run pretty much an identical system but with a GTX 580 all on a 700 watt PSU as well with no problems at all.

Also suggest installing a smaller cheaper video card just for display…e.g. I use a Galaxy 210 for display, and a GTX 580 for rendering…
works fine. :smiley: