New scatter objects add-on from Jacques Lucke

Select first the cube then shift select the plane. And don’t need annotation tool.

I tried.

2 Likes

Does it render in Cycles for you?

You made me test this again, and you know what, this addon is not working anymore. We need to report it.

Well, I am thinking these are basically dupliverts. Was that ever working with Cycles?

I never tested with Cycles. But now it’s impossible to test, when I hit enter everything disappears.

Apparently there is bug with dupliverts and 2.8 LINK

It dissapears becuse object is hidden for viewport. Enable it in Outliner and will be visible.

1 Like

i test this scatter addon in current built blender 2.8, there is always the duplicated objects in the scatted object’ original point, if i hide or disable render then all scatter duplicated objects can’t be render , i think this maybe a small bug, but in all, this addon is very useful !

For a few days the object scatter addon shows tiny triangles for every object.
Am I the only one, or is this a known issue?

Looks that way…

IMG_20181224_001401

2 Likes

Looks really good, too many interpenetration though, or is there a setting to prevent that?

Nice tool!

Reminds me of an add-on called MassFX, but it’s physics based. Not sure if they ported to 2.8 i think it’s in plans.

Hi! I really like your add-on, but I found that this script not working properly with a small sized objects. It renders only triangles instead, but when I rise the scale of the objects like 10 times it works perfectly. Can you say whats wrong?

There’s also an addon called MassFX for blender that does the physics dropping of groups i believe. It’s kinda similar, it doesn’t really paint in that sense, but drops groups where you click. :slight_smile:

when I am using linked objects(includes multiple elements like trees), addon is not working properly. I can only drawing the scatter line and I cannot change the scatter parameters. Also addon does not show the blue referance cubes.