New Spanish Blender 2.41 Manual!!

Hi everybody;

I’ve uploaded my new manual (43 pages). In this spanish book I talk about modelling, textures, animation, rendering, etc… Sorry, but I have no time to translate it (or parts) to English. If anybody wants, please contact me!.

The book (13MB main PDF + 6MB examples) is on my weblog: http://www.morcy.org

I hope you like it. See you and happy blending!
Carlos.

Attachments

A wonderful work! I’ve downloaded both the book and the python raytracer, and I’m hoing to study them.
Muchas gracias!

Morcy,

is there any chance that you could be so nice to translate it to english?

I translated a few lines with http://world.altavista.com/ but the whole book is gonna take me many weeks and the resulting text is readable but ‘machine-like’ english.

The pictures are great and I like the character on page 16.

digitist,
he wrote that he had no time to translate it to english, can’t you read? but if someone else wanted they were welcome

But I can always ask him friendly and maybe he would reconsider. :slight_smile:

I work at the Faculty of Arts and gonna try to find a spanish translator to help me in translating it.

Should’ve known those two years of spanish would help…but NO…I had to be lazy :smiley:

Hi colleages;

In fact my english level is not too high to translate the entire book. Writing in English takes to me a lot of time and effort. I think this would be easier if anybody that has English as a native language and has a medium Spanish level could translate it easier.

Thanks a lot for your interest Digitist. Are you interested in the translation? :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Carlos.

Morcy,

A colleague of mine studied Spanish for 3 years, but said that it would take a lot of time, that he doesn’t have. :frowning:

Yes, i’m considering a translation, albeit a ‘machine-translation’ by Altavista http://world.altavista.com/

If have any results to show for, you will see them announced in this thread.

If I’m happy with the results can you supply the pictures you used in your pdf-file?

Of course!, the pictures and all the material that you need to make easier your job.

Thanks a lot for you interest and good luck! :smiley:
Carlos.

Hey Morci, many thanks for the Spanish Manual! On behalf of all the blenderheads in Colombia!
We totally appreciate it :smiley:

I’m currently translating a BSoD tutorial to spanish, and let me tell you it is HELL to find the spanish equivalent to some simple concepts like “rigging” or even “walkcycle”. Spanish to english must be a piece of cake by comparisson.

the book looks very nice, but I don’t want to go through the basics yet again in order to learn the advanced stuff. I WILL pass it on to my non enlish speaking friends though.

nice work.

Hey Morcy, podrias decir, if is possible, el costo del manual
Gracias

thanks carlos, gracias, tío. Tiene una pinta bárbara, vaya curro.

tengo un buen nivel de inglés, podría ir traduciéndolo pero lo que no tengo es mucho tiempo. Te podría ir dando los textos si tú puedes montarlos con las imágenes en los pdf. Lo que no puedo asegurar es un ritmo de trabajo estable/constante. También me vendrían bien los textos originales en algún formato tipo txt, word o rtf.

Aquí tienes una muestra (más o menos libre) a ver si te gusta. La intro:

((english natives: corrections are welcome if you feel any sentence or word needs it. Thanks))))

The development pace of Free Software in general and Blender in particular is amazing. 3D art aficionados and pros enjoy fast delivery of new versions with surprising features and functionality. As a teacher, this forces me to update and rework my teaching materials each term. :slight_smile:

The printed book (or pdf version) you are now browsing is actually a compilation of the tutorials from the course ‘Animation for Communication’ wich I teach at the Escuela Superior de Informatica of Castilla-La Mancha University in Spain, in 2005/2006. You might encounter references in the text to concepts that were explained in the theory lessons… but a simple search in Google or Wikipedia will fix that for you.

If the subtitle ‘Learn (Blender) in 24 hours’ seems unreal to you… your are right. You will not learn to use the tools that fast. I wrote that because 20 hours was the actual time devoted to practical lesson at the university course. This means the students were suposed to do some homework. The time you will need to complete these tutorials will depend on your skill, your previous experience, your ability to ‘see’ in 3D… at least it will be about 50/60 hours of practice. You can increase your knowledge with the official Blender manual and the vast number of tutorials available on Internet.

As in previous years, this book is free under Creative Commons 2.5 license. You can copy it wherever you want, upload it to your web site (I will be grateful if you create a mirror) give it away to your neighbour… provided you credit me as the author, do not make ‘derived’ books nor sell it. If you’re a teacher, I’d love you use it in your classroom and comment from your experiences.

Thats it. Cheers, and enjoy learning in the world of three dimensional image synthesis. If you want to post any comment, contact me at [email protected]

Cosmio,

specific technical terms generally should not be translated ie most computer terms are kept in english in all langauges, similarly I’m pretty sure most animation terms are kept in english if they are of a technical nature.

LetterRip

nf3… Your translation is almost perfect for be, but as you’ve said, English native speakers corrections would be wellcome. :slight_smile:

I’ve tried to keep the original english words for technical terms in the document, or the widely acepted spanish terms (that are very close to english ones). For example, “texturizado” is the “verb” used to the act of choosing textures, or “renderizado” as the action of rendering an image. More specifically, Rigging usually appears in English, and Walkcycle as “Ciclo de andar”.

Thanks a lot for your comments, and sorry for the late in this response.
Carlos.