I thought i’d post this here intstead of the website and forum section becuase i’m just after you opinions really.
Although there are some useful resources in our (GE forum) current sticky set, i think we need a new READ THIS BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS one which would cover the common questions.
IMO it would cover (not in any particular order):
- How to recalculate normals.
- Why you should not use subsurf in the game engine.
- Where to find a mouselook script.
- Informing people that they should get to the level of being able to modify existing python scripts before attempting a game project.
- How to create an alpha mask in the gimp/photoshop.
- Using LinV instead of DLoc to get better collisions.
- Some basic optimising stuff, texture sizes and a general guide on poly counts.
My main point is that although all this information can be found throught the forum people aren’t going to search for stuff they might not know about so it might be useful in that way.
So what do you think, what else would you add/remove or am i talking complete tosh?
I think also one or two of the current stickies are a little redundant (although can be still useful e.g the crystal space one).