NEW!! ( Super Blender Galaxy ) project announcment/ updates

Sorry i’ve been a stranger. just know i have been working on the game still. I a little bummed when i saw the Unity project get taken down. but i am still messing with the file. So here is a cool pic of a cape mario. I have been working on a cape that is procedual not animated. results are pretty good. its just tricky to not letting it look stiff. Its using a shader to move the cape around, tell me what u guys think.

The cape looks good, maybe you can upload a video on it?

So have been working on some new things. i got the cape working. Just need to program some flight. I did the mario bunnys, they still need a little work. here are some pics

mario flying very crude flight though.

So, This looks great, sorry I did not get back to you about testing, my xbox 360 controller does not work in windows 8.1, in blender game (half the controls are on each stick)

been eagerly awaiting the patch to fix it but it’s not in yet .

Nice Work!

This is a great project :slight_smile: congrats!

thanks guys i appreciate ur input. n @blueprintrandom i think ive seen this issue it can be fixed in python. the logic bricks dont have that kind of control to edit the values.

sorry i havnt been posting lately, but i have been working on the project a lot. I have some images to show. Its starting to move along well. just added a starbit system. and am fixing the controls to allow its implementation. The right stick used to control the camera, but it was mostly for my testing. the camera controls will be the L,R bumpers. it may change.
I was also able to add the curve(curve file i made a while back) into the mario game. He is able to follow it seamlessly, and it can me moved around in-game. U need to see the vine grow it looks amazing. As it grows it follows a list of 6 points looks very organic.

here is how follows the vine. its just a temp animation.

Very impressive your work. Congratulations!!!

@lordloki76 thanks I am putting a lot of time into this. I plan to release a demo soon. I still have so much to do though.

are the clouds a skydome are or they objects?

@superflip its both. i have a sphere and a ring with clouds spinning slowly in a 2nd scene with a camera in the middle that copys the rotation of the main cam from scene 1 with no positon data. this allows the main cam to move and it never reaches the sky.

that’s clever

Some new updates added. I got mario to spin around the vine by spinning the joystick in a constant clockwise movement. This also moves him by up the vine with some math. this uses the curve shader i made. looks cool i had to post.

here is him spinning.

This looks amazing, very professional!
Is there a sun?

no theres no sun. all objects are nodes waiting for a shader script that i plan to use.

Wating for the next video update, great work with the shaders and the smoke is amazing!

sorry ive been gone for a to long. here is a quick vid i slapped together real quick.

Shows signs of a choppy frame rate , or it could just be regular lag
Theres always 1 reason for blender games lag. Poor optimization. How much
further do you plan on optimizing your Game. The Game’s fine looks Great
Nice Leveling system etc but lag !!! Its not serious lag but it’s choppy.

???