New to Blender/Graphic Design

Hello everyone, well to the ones who are reading,

My name is Greg and i’m trying to become a Graphic Designer. I have 3 older brothers who have great jobs as programmers and software engineers, but i love art and decided to do graphic designing. Now that being said, i’m teaching myself blender by creating random objects i see in my house and learn the UI as i go, or i refer back to online for shortcuts and things. I also watch helpful tutorials on how to create certain things which also is great for later making my own models and animations.

Currently, i’m working on a 3D model of Kakashi, from the anime Naruto. I have a model sheet someone has made and i’m currently working in 3 different camera views to shape this cube into him perfectly, but i feel as if im going about it wrong, or perhaps there could be an easier way of doing?

I’d like to upload like pictures of what i have if anyone has advice or tips that i can use, that would be great!

Thank you!

Attachments

Since you are new everything may feel like that lol… I know I was the same… As for modelling there are a few ways to model and some people prefer one way other do it another so its all down to you. Now the only thing I would note is that If you are going to use this Model for Rigging then the Typology will need to be clean around the joints and places that move (face ect)… There are tons of youtubers who can improve your skills…

Oh sweet thank you. I wouldn’t have known that at all. My first animation was just like an energy ball or fire ball. Thank you, once I get there, youtube tutorials is where i’ll head lol

No problem, Youtube and Forums like this are amazing because without them, its hard to grow!. Your first animation was an energy ball? well you already beat me haha my first animation didn’t work and I got annoyed…

So I stuck with just making still Images for a long time. But after learning the basics I quickly discovered really how amazing blender really is ;)…

After a few years of using blender I attempted my “First animation” again and now I am happy with it…

So, There are tons of great youtubers out there making really good content and it all depends on what you want to learn…

Good luck!