New to Blender...HELP!

Hello everyone!

I have no idea if I am posting this in the right category but I have just started using Blender 2.79 and I am as new as they get. I am trying to create a similar effect to the annoying orange on youtube and for the life of me can’t render my project properly.

I am now to the point where I have my eyes and mouth on my desired image but my image is rendering too focused or zoomed in. I have tried different options only to get the same result. I have tried changing the render presets/resolution/x and y to match the original picture’s size which corrected the image’s size but screwed with my masks(eyes and mouth).

I’m lost and would appreciate one of you people to help me out if you can or point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!

Rock

Post your blend file for us to look at. As you are new here post it to pasteall.org/blend then post the link here. Always post blend files, or at the very least full screenshots of your issue, otherwise we are just guessing and may not be inclined to do even that… I could try hacking into your computer to get the file, but you haven’t provided your IP address, so even that option is not open to me. :smile:

Cheers, Clock. :beers:

Ok. So I uploaded my blender file to the site you suggested…is this the link you’re looking for?
http://pasteall.org/blend/index.php?id=50717

Again, I can barely manage to tie my shoes properly so handling all this tech is a stretch for me…a stretch I am wiling to get through though… :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes! This is a good start.

This is why slip-on shoes were invented, that and so old gits like me don’t have to bend down to tie them. :rofl:

So, I have your blend file, I obviously need the movie as well. try posting it here, or dropbox, or somewhere else and post the link where it is so I can add this to the project.

Oh yes, pleeeeeease organise your nodes in a logical, clean, easily readable layout like this next time:

Seriously, a good layout is essential to you understanding what does what to which and why. :smile:

Cheers, Clock. :beers:

Not sure if this is what you mean, but

You have nodes that move and scale the result
A: output from alpha over
B: output after displace and scale

And since it’s relative to scene size, it changes when you change the image resolution and/or aspect ratio.

A few words about posting: Like suggested, always prepare and upload an example .blend file when your issue and questions involve one. Screenshots aren’t enough, those only help when writing the post. Others will use the file for actual troubleshooting, and also need a quick access to it for producing visuals when they answer.

It’s in your best interest to prepare an example file, even if it takes most of your time when posting. You’ll get that time back by getting actual answers, instead of checking for replies and chasing after the guesses for nothing.

You can pack images and sounds in the .blend file, but not videos. Those can all be packed in file → external data, or individually in the editors that can view and/or use those types of files. File → save as dialog has a compress checkbox, which makes the file size smaller by packing it, but it doesn’t change the filename and doesn’t require a separate unpack.

1 Like

Thanks for the help! I have matched my picture size to my video and it seems to have worked.

Thanks for the help! I changed my picture’s size and it worked!

UPDATE: I changed my picture’s size to match my video and it seems to have worked, thanks for all your help! I appreciate it!

Now that I have figured out to match the pic size with the video size, I have noticed that the mask(specifically the mouth)seems to be double or over lapping. Not right on top of each other but below the original mouth.

Without sending you all of what I am working on, do you why this would be happening?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Rock