New to blender.. How do I copy/paste (ctrl+c & ctrl+v) selection from one mesh to another?

How do I copy/paste (ctrl+c & ctrl+v) selection from one mesh to another? Is this not available in Blender? If not, is there a work around or add-on? I’m just so used to this ctrl+c/ctrl+v copy/paste method from every software I’ve used, its hard to get my head around not using ctrl+c/ctrl+v for copy/paste

If you mean from edit mode, then you use Shift+D to duplicate, p to separate selection, then select both and Ctrl+J to join as far as I am aware. A bit of a faff compared to Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V. Not sure why this wasn’t implemented, or if there’s a more elegant way of doing it than the way I do.

thank you … I’m liking the P hotkey that automatically cuts selection and pastes it into a new mesh. :slight_smile:

Yep, if you eant to keep the bit you’re copying, you use Shift+d to duplicate, otherwise P will just cut the selection. Plus you cna choose to separate by loose parts, (that is, if your object has several pieces, each becomes it’s own object), or by material. Very handy.

1 Like