Newbie: Is it possible to export a frame of an animation to .obj file?

First of all, I don’t speak english very well, so forgive me any possible mistakes.

I am trying to model a Roman statue. A statue with toga is too complicated for me, at least at this moment, so I have been using “cloth” in Blender to put a towel over the arm of a naked man. The man is made with makehuman (I was able to put bones) :eyebrowlift2:

The problem is that I try to export a selected frame of the animation (I press Alt+A), but I don’t know if that is possible. If the answer is yes, I don’t know how to do that.

There is a folder called blendcache_nameofmodel with a lot of files, but I don’t know anything about .bphys file extension.

Can you help me? Thanks in advance.

(I made a model of a roman theatre in sketchup, I am trying to make some 3D models of statues to put them there while learning blender).

If you press the Apply button on the Cloth modifier, the cloth object will be set to the shape of the current frame. It will no longer be animated, but you don’t need that for a statue. So, advance to the frame you want, click apply on the cloth, then export to .obj.

Thanks! :smiley:

I’ll try to do it now! If I can I will post a photo of the results :slight_smile:

I finally made it. It’s my first statue, with Makehuman. So be comprehensive with me :slight_smile:

See you.

It seems a little too brightly lit, especially where the (I assume it is a sun) is lighting it, and the material looks like a very soft stone, maybe limestone or even chalk - but maybe that was intended.

Yes, it was intended, it was a first attempt to see how the model was rendered. In theory, Carrara Marble. But I was hurry and I used… colour white :smiley: