Newbie needs some help!

I have Blender v2.37a installed, and have been going through some of the tutorials, and I have a few small projects completed. Blender is Fantastic!!
I can’t leave it alone!
I do have a couple of questions that I can’t seem to find answers for on my own. :expressionless:

1. How do I save a rendered project as a jpg? After rendering, I press F3, the rendered image closes and no matter what I do, I can’t find it.

2. Is there any way to configure Blender so the button menu is along the side instead of the bottom? Right now I just drag the bottom of the view down and split the screen, putting the button menu on the side. The screen tends to creep up, and is a real pain in the neck. :frowning:

Thanks

First of all, questions should be addressed in Blender General or, if it is specific to Python, Animation, the Game Engine… then in one of the dedicated forum.

You shouldn’t have this problem. Usually F3 opens a file window ; if not, make sure that you put your mouse pointer over one of Blender’s window like the 3D view or one button view. Enter a name for your image and don’t forget to specify the extension : this is not automatic, sorry. Take good notice of the folder you’re saving to and voilà.

1. Is there any way to configure Blender so the button menu is along the side instead of the bottom? Right now I just drag the bottom of the view down and split the screen, putting the button menu on the side. The screen tends to creep up, and is a real pain in the neck. :frowning:

Thanks

After a while, you’ll know enough about blender that most of your questions will find an answer in Google (I am NOT blaming or paternizing you here) : for example the keywords “Blender moving windows” lead to this Google result
and then this page of the official manual
where there’s a section with this title : “Configuring the screen your way”.

Hope this helps.

Jean

You might like these tutorials too http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Video_Tutorials.396.0.html .

:smiley: Thank-you thank-you thank-you.
I had gone through the manual :o but completely overlooked the configuring the windows part.
And found a tutorial in Google (which I’m sorry to say I never thought to use :expressionless: ) on saving.

Thanks again.

Questions likes these won’t be asked in other than “Blender General” forum…so I moved it.

think of that in future, please…

regards,
ztonzy - administrator

Another way to save your render is, after the render is complete move your mouse arrow over file (top left) and then down to save image. From here you can specify the directory and file type.

If you first press scene (F10) and set the output type to Jpeg in the format panel first, you can do (As suggested above):

1. Select “Save Image” from the File Menu in the Iformation Panel (Top left of screen where the File menu usually is). As per the post above

OR

1. Set the start and end frame numbers in the Anim panel both to 1 or whichever frame you want to render, and press Anim.

Both will give you a jpeg save to disk.