Newbie :(

so…I have just a little question…

I have made A simple scenario with a plane textured (the ground) and with some object and the sky (a big sphere textured with a picture of clouds which contains the ground ) and after that i have associated all commands using game buttons…and pushing start it works well!!

pushin P-key or the icon to start the game I obtain just a very ugly graphic without texture and without aliasing…
is it possible to obtain a normal videogame grafic.with texture lights and other stuff?..?

thank u very much … :smiley:

i don’t know what’s wrong…but when you are going to press the “P” key to start the game,you got to press alt + z first so the textures appear on the game engine(you textured everything splitting the screen in half,right?).if that’s not the problem,then maybe you just made all the things too big…try a texture with a 256x256 size or bigger.other than that i don’t know what’s wrong.hope it helps. :slight_smile:

is it necessary to use uv mapping to texture?

is the game working only via software?

i mean is there a way to use hardware in Blender?

Blender uses hardware automatically, and the only texturing available in the game engine is through UV texturing.

Good luck!

only UV mapping???

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

is it possible to use light and particles in games?
is it possible to use motion blur in games?

now I have a great and big scenario, textured without using UV texture…is there a way to convert it?

thank u very much!
:wink:

go to this links,maybe it will help.

http://www.cyberspace3d.net/Blender/Tutorials/BlenderTutorialsModeling.shtml

http://blenderman.free.fr

maybe you will find something there useful. :slight_smile:

Hi,

Yes, uv textureing is the only way (along with vertex painting).

Motion blurs are very hard to do in the game engine.

No, no particles, but there is light. No shadows though.

There is a way to get everything on a material into the game engine, but unfortunatly, i don’t know it. Go to the blender knowledge base, it’s pretty useful. For got the link though.

Sorry, i’m not much help :stuck_out_tongue:

Pooba