Night Warrior

well… this is my first ever attempt at a humaniod model, im still learning in blender and i probably took alot of unnecessary steps in my model’s creation. This is the first time i ever post in the finished products forum. (its my first finished product anyway.)

after a week of on and off work, here he is. He is a futuristic paratrooper from the 82nd airborne division in about the year 2020. i dont know what else to add on besides weapons which will come later.

some other cool stuff you should know:

• everything was modeled from a single cube extruded, subdivided, subsurfed, and duplicated several times.
  • all textures are origional (first time making textures)
  • he will be used in a full animation im doing for an art show in houston.
    i might still modify him a little based off popular suggestions i get here, but other than that he is done. so yeah… what do you think?

Attachments

your first one? looks like you’ve been doing 'em for years!!

thanks

yeah this is my first one, but its kinda hard to rig…

I’ve got to admit, for a first try at humanoid, you’ve done an excellent job. Now i can’t accuse you of just using this site just for the offtopic. Atleast there’s no flying bacon.

I’ve got to admit, for a first try at humanoid, you’ve done an excellent job. Now i can’t accuse you of just using this site just for the offtopic. Atleast there’s no flying bacon.

thanks again, i wasnt even going to show it, but people keep saying i dont know how to use blender (which is half true) so i felt i should at least post my first humaniod work so i have some credibility. i might even post the animation when im done.

i felt the flying bacon could sit this one out.

Hey it turned out well. The details are nice and the faceplate looks good on the one on the left.

I think there is some miss match in the proportions, perhaps the legs are too short, I can’t tell. It’s a common problem with human like characters. I find it difficult to get a good result even when using a reference image as a background.

Actually I can’t tell if there’s a problem or not, perhaps someone with more experience of human modeling could give an opinion on the subject.

This is quite nice! Model looks nice, texturing is fair.
My only crit is that the render is kinda dark to see what you have all done.
Nice job! :yes:

indeed! :yes:

thats a darn fine first model. 3 star, could use a background… and some better lighting, even for a night scene/lighting… :wink:

aww, you guys…:o

seriously i was expecting some hard critizism, with it being my first time and all. but im glad to hear i did a half way decent job.

im already starting the scene i plan to put him in. comments still welcome

well if you really REALLY want a crit, i’ll say his head looks a wee bit big. but then again, with all the gear it’s kinda hard to really tell for sure. But there, that’s my crit. Looks good to me, tho. :smiley:

Give em Gloves!

at first he was going to have gloves. but i wanted to keep some human part of him, so he is not so much of a “robot” and more of a person.

Looks really cool, but the image is rather dark. Could you perhaps tweak your lighting setup? Maybe go for the the classic 3-point lighting setup to highlight certain features.

SOme gloves would be kewl. It may be kinda (sun)-shiny on my screen, but is it a bit dark? Can`t really see all the details. Good work hiding the human in his gear. Looks very good to me. 4*