Night Warrior

(Enjay) #1

well… this is my first ever attempt at a humaniod model, im still learning in blender and i probably took alot of unnecessary steps in my model’s creation. This is the first time i ever post in the finished products forum. (its my first finished product anyway.)

after a week of on and off work, here he is. He is a futuristic paratrooper from the 82nd airborne division in about the year 2020. i dont know what else to add on besides weapons which will come later.

some other cool stuff you should know:

• everything was modeled from a single cube extruded, subdivided, subsurfed, and duplicated several times.
  • all textures are origional (first time making textures)
  • he will be used in a full animation im doing for an art show in houston.
    i might still modify him a little based off popular suggestions i get here, but other than that he is done. so yeah… what do you think?

Attachments

0 Likes

(JESUSFRK14) #2

your first one? looks like you’ve been doing 'em for years!!

0 Likes

(Enjay) #3

thanks

yeah this is my first one, but its kinda hard to rig…

0 Likes

(TheANIMAL) #4

I’ve got to admit, for a first try at humanoid, you’ve done an excellent job. Now i can’t accuse you of just using this site just for the offtopic. Atleast there’s no flying bacon.

0 Likes

(Enjay) #5

I’ve got to admit, for a first try at humanoid, you’ve done an excellent job. Now i can’t accuse you of just using this site just for the offtopic. Atleast there’s no flying bacon.

thanks again, i wasnt even going to show it, but people keep saying i dont know how to use blender (which is half true) so i felt i should at least post my first humaniod work so i have some credibility. i might even post the animation when im done.

i felt the flying bacon could sit this one out.

0 Likes

(Smoking_mirror) #6

Hey it turned out well. The details are nice and the faceplate looks good on the one on the left.

I think there is some miss match in the proportions, perhaps the legs are too short, I can’t tell. It’s a common problem with human like characters. I find it difficult to get a good result even when using a reference image as a background.

Actually I can’t tell if there’s a problem or not, perhaps someone with more experience of human modeling could give an opinion on the subject.

0 Likes

(superkoop) #7

This is quite nice! Model looks nice, texturing is fair.
My only crit is that the render is kinda dark to see what you have all done.
Nice job! :yes:

0 Likes

(Felix Kütt) #8

indeed! :yes:

thats a darn fine first model. 3 star, could use a background… and some better lighting, even for a night scene/lighting… :wink:

0 Likes

(Enjay) #9

aww, you guys…:o

seriously i was expecting some hard critizism, with it being my first time and all. but im glad to hear i did a half way decent job.

im already starting the scene i plan to put him in. comments still welcome

0 Likes

(Squiggly_P) #10

well if you really REALLY want a crit, i’ll say his head looks a wee bit big. but then again, with all the gear it’s kinda hard to really tell for sure. But there, that’s my crit. Looks good to me, tho. :smiley:

0 Likes

(Anthony) #11

Give em Gloves!

0 Likes

(Enjay) #12

at first he was going to have gloves. but i wanted to keep some human part of him, so he is not so much of a “robot” and more of a person.

0 Likes

(ChojinDSL) #13

Looks really cool, but the image is rather dark. Could you perhaps tweak your lighting setup? Maybe go for the the classic 3-point lighting setup to highlight certain features.

0 Likes

(Marsan) #14

SOme gloves would be kewl. It may be kinda (sun)-shiny on my screen, but is it a bit dark? Can`t really see all the details. Good work hiding the human in his gear. Looks very good to me. 4*

0 Likes