"Nightmare / Dream World"

hey there. Proud to unveil my first reak finished project…

This started out as an experiment into Displacement mapping, and then became so much more for me. Its made for a challenge at the Blender Underground, for ‘Fantasy Landscapes’

Ive spent ages on the Composition and the Lighting Effects, and ages in the Node Editor making certain details stand out.

I was originally going to call this ‘Alien Dreamscape’, but then a part of the image stood out to me. Kudos to anyone who can find it…

Thanks Very Much for Viewing… Now i Present " Nightmare / Dream World"

Click Attatchment for Larger Image

Attachments

So…dark.

More than half the picture is black, I suggest putting a lot of the rest of the image in a dark blue tone or a darker shade.

Yeah…

Always try to remember this: there is absolutely no reason to use full black or full white in your (especially the realistic looking) images. Never.

Can you develop please ? :confused:

I like it a lot, but perhaps instead of having the dark areas be completely black, make them very dark, but with detail still visible if you looks hard. That way, you direct the viewer’s focus to the light parts more naturally, rather than what you’re doing right now, where it seems like the scene only exists in the light.

Keep up the good work!

is this any better?

i added in another planet to the mix… to try make it so there isnt as much wasted dark space…

it also helps to bring a slight bit more colour into the Picture… its at 1800x1200 res… so give it a sec to open…

thanks to all those who have commented… i shall put some of those ideas into my next projects…

Edit… just Noticed the Size isnt the same on the attachment system… so ive hosted it off Site and got a Thumbnail…

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr342/Unrealbeing/th_nightmare_1800_3-1.png

Ok, thats a lot better, especially with the big pic

It’s much easier to see now, although it’s a little odd having the two planets and two well-lit stripes. I think that the mood is better with the original scene, so I like jcptopi’s idea best.

i agree that its a bit odd with the second planet… i can see that now… so ive changed it… this is going to be my Last Refinement…

http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr342/Unrealbeing/th_nightmare_1800_4-1.png

Nice! I was going to suggest adding a slight bloom effect to the planet, but as it stands, that’s a very fine looking render! Good luck!

thanks for the support and ideas… check the WIP section in a few days for my new project, " Window Through Time" all will become clear…