Nintendo Game Boy DMG-01 Original 1989

Greeting BlenderArtists I hope y’all are having a lovely day
This is my latest work ( personal project )
I’ve been working on this for the last few weeks
“Nintendo Game Boy Handheld System Original 1989”
Modeled in Blender, Textured in Substance 3D Painter, and Rendered in Cycles.

Feel free to offer some input I would love to hear your opinion!

My Links:
Artstation: https://www.artstation.com/the_invizible
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/othman-mohammedi-933819151
E-mail: [email protected]
Sketchfab: wand3rer - Sketchfab

48 Likes

Hey some very nice renders, it looks pretty cool.I had one myself and played countless hours on it. The orginal differs to some degree in finer details though, like the roughness of the dpad is higher and its bevels are stronger there, same for the pink buttons. The screens grey is too dark. The shape of the start and select button is rather that of a capsule and the speaker holes are almost closed at the bottom of the indent. The text on top of the screen is much wider and the power button and its engraved label should be on the left side.I would also recommend to do your renders in perpective view. If you are still on it, these would be things I’d fix.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your feedback :pray: Indeed most of the stuff you pointed out are correct.
Also, I never had one myself so that should explain the inconsistencies.
but you know?..we are 3D Artists!
if we want something we make it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

You’re on the featured row! :+1:

1 Like

Very cool and detailed models / renders! I still have my Game Boy, and it’s still working :slight_smile:

A bit of a shame you didn’t make these renders about ~20 years earlier, Nintendo had hired you for their Game Boy advertising department, undoubtedly. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

WOW, this made my day! :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thank you so much Bart :pray:

1 Like