"No active face is not selected" when trying to UVmapping in an aligned regular way

Hi, I have this:

I read somewhere that I can obtain a regular UV mapping if I align some squares and then using U > From Active Quads.
But this sentence appears.
How to make it work?

You need to have an active face selected. Simply select all your faces in face mode rather than vertex mode

I have the same problem and that’s because its even I am in faces in edit mode I cannot see the center of any face, therefore couldn’t exist any face so I am not able to use the function “Follow the active quads” , that means the problem is somewhere else.
At least I took the object from the Blender kit and I did the Unwrap, also applied the modifiers and still it doesn’t work!

Hi, you need to have an active face. Usually it is the last one selected.

I opened another window in Blender in UV Editing Mode and now it seems it is working, I guess I had a bug because now I can see the faces (that dot in the middle of a face) which before I wasn t able to see it but now I do.
Thanks a lot for your prompt message!

I think the dot only appears when you’re in face selection mode

but I was and so I have mentioned in my first message, otherwise I wouldn`t have asked :slight_smile:
PS: Congrats for ur work, I just have seen your animations from Vimeo! :wink:

“Faces” has to be checked in overlays as well. Otherwise I’m not sure what would have caused them to disappear…

Thank you! much appreciated.

@Cris4Design beware you can be in “faces” mode in the viewport but the “faces” mode in UV editor is independent from that.

Well, than I guess I wasnt in the faces' mode in the "UV editor" window (the one u can access it with Shift F10), and there in the first time wasn t able to see the modes: vertex, edge, face and island at all; so thats why when I have actually switched from “Layout” workspace/window to “UV Editing” I was able to see the 4 modes for editing: vertex, edge, face and island and I was able to chose face mode.

But after doing the switch back for “Layout” workspace when I hit now Shift F10 I am able to see these 4 modes: vertex, edge, face and island, and yes I was all the time in Edit Mode :slight_smile:
that`s why I think it was a bug! :beetle: :blush:

but how do i do that?

In edit mode with your faces selected, deselect one face and then select it again. That will make the face the active face and it will be a lighter colour.